PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Question

MarkyH
10-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on something, I'm getting my daughter her first car soon and I'm looking at insurance. Do you think it's more beneficial to dig around yourself, or use some thing like This (http://www.mybestcarinsurer.com/) and see what they come up with? Do comparison sites get deals that make them stand out?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Mark

FUNX650
10-16-2013, 10:22 AM
If you go the above internet-quoting-route...
You'll be inundated with so much spam you'll wish you had some green eggs to go with it!!

Are you putting her on your policy?
If so: Contacting your agent would be an ideal first step...IMHO.

:)

Bob

vet
10-16-2013, 10:31 AM
I would contact my agent first.

If putting her on your policy, remember that when she goes on her own, she will have to start over as far as insurance goes, and that could mean higher premiums to start out. I had that problem way back when I first got out of the Army, as I was on my Dad's policy until then. It could be different now. I certainly hope so, as assigned risk insurance was quite costly back then.

I'm sure it will depend on driving record, type of vehicle, etc.

MarkyH
10-16-2013, 10:47 AM
If you go the above internet-quoting-route...
You'll be inundated with so much spam you'll wish you had some green eggs to go with it!!

That's a point I hadn't considered!

She's a new driver, so I was thinking about putting her on my plan, but Vet summed up my concerns on that front pretty well.

Pureshine
10-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Make sure she has a B average it helps and girls are cheaper to insures than boys. My daughter insurance is $175 a month she just turned 18.

MarkyH
10-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Make sure she has a B average it helps and girls are cheaper to insures than boys. My daughter insurance is $175 a month she just turned 18.

That's good to know. Thanks.