PDA

View Full Version : Polymer Net Shield on 22ple?

Pages : [1] 2

BlackHawk
10-15-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey guys just got a quick question. I read somewhere that you can put Sonax Polymer Net Shield on top of coatings, and i wanted to know if thats true. Id like to use it before winter, just to add on to everything. But of course if it doesnt work well like that, then obviously i wouldnt do it.

zmcgovern45
10-15-2013, 08:20 PM
I've got SPNS on 1/2 of my car (on top of 22ple VX1 Pro) and it works well. It beads water better than the year old 22ple coating, but 22ple only side stays cleaner (less dusty) through daily driving.

If also recommend Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. It also enhances beading on top of coatings and is much quicker and easier than SPNS.

BlackHawk
10-15-2013, 08:25 PM
I've got SPNS on 1/2 of my car (on top of 22ple VX1 Pro) and it works well. It beads water better than the year old 22ple coating, but 22ple only side stays cleaner (less dusty) through daily driving.

If also recommend Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. It also enhances beading on top of coatings and is much quicker and easier than SPNS.

Thanks :) only reason im thinking of doing this is because my hood and trunk have like a weird effect on almost everything, meaning things just dont last well there. Pretty sure it has beginning stages of CC failure. Anyways im definetaly going to pick up the SPNS next order!:xyxthumbs: i might even get the brilliant shine detailer too :D

zmcgovern45
10-15-2013, 08:37 PM
You could also try CarPro Reload if you wanted to. It is recommended to too Silica coatings.

Mike lambert
10-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Per sonax us, it was designed to be put on top of sonax coating in Europe, that is not available here.
Will work on top of any coating.

Pureshine
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Sonax net shield is a stand alone product and this is coming from Sonax them selfs. I use it all the time and love it.

af90
10-15-2013, 09:26 PM
I just used it yesterday to coat the windows for the winter. Great product.

Reload seems like a great product as well, on the future list to get.

zmcgovern45
10-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Sonax net shield is a stand alone product and this is coming from Sonax them selfs. I use it all the time and love it.

Sure, but that doesn't mean it can't be used as a topper for coatings. It definitely works great on its own though.

Pureshine
10-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Sure, but that doesn't mean it can't be used as a topper for coatings. It definitely works great on its own though.

Its not meant as a topper but if it works. :dblthumb2:

KillaCam
10-15-2013, 11:23 PM
Some people say it's meant to top coatings and some say it's not. So what's the verdict?
I just bought some on my last order but haven't tried it yet.

Pureshine
10-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Some people say it's meant to top coatings and some say it's not. So what's the verdict?
I just bought some on my last order but haven't tried it yet.

I have talked to sonax as posted above they say its a stand alone product not meant as a topper.

The Critic
10-15-2013, 11:27 PM
I have talked to sonax as posted above they say its a stand alone product not meant as a topper.

+1 How long will it last on top of a coating such as OC?

zmcgovern45
10-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Like I said, I have it on half of my car... split it right down the middle. Driver side has SPNS on top of 22ple VX1 Pro and Passenger side just has 22ple VX1 Pro.

Last time it rained, there was a noticeable difference in beading, the SPNS side had more spherical beads (ie not as flat), which leads me to believe the product is in fact working on top of the coating. This was about a month ago. I will monitor the difference for another month or so, and then I will probably just apply SPNS to the entire car.

With all of that being said - SPNS is fantastic as a stand alone product! There are other products like CarPro ReLoad that are meant to be used on top of coatings that may work better. Come to think of it, maybe I will apply ReLoad to the other half of my car to see if there is a major difference between it and SPNS.

My car has too many products on it! (CQ Finest on the hood, 22ple VX1 on everything else, SPNS on driver side except the hood, getting ready to apply DLUX and OC to the wheels for comparison)

FUNX650
10-16-2013, 09:03 AM
What is the definition of: "will work on top of"?
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Disclaimer:
What follows is a: "Probably".
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

-Shouldn't the last product that's applied upon vehicles' surfaces (let's limit this to the "paints", shall we?)
be the product that should be exhibiting its inherent characteristics?

If 'Coatings' are all that they're cracked up to be...

Why, then, go to the trouble to disgrace---Cripple!!...I dare say!---the qualities of a given 'Coating'
by applying another product atop said 'Coating'...that:
"will, (or at least that seems to be the implied-hope), work on top"?!?!

-Is this not a form of hydrophobicity-debasement to a certain degree?

:)

Bob

zmcgovern45
10-16-2013, 09:12 AM
I think at this point it is just "detailers being detailers"... meaning we are always looking for ways to do something different/try something else/find unintentional uses for things.

Regarding products that are listed as "OK to be used on top of coatings", like CarPro ReLoad, I have been told this...

Overtime, certain contaminates can create microscopic voids in the surface of the coating. Think about a tiny particle of brake dust that has worked its way into the surface of the coating. When a product like Iron X is used to decontaminate the surface of the coating, the particle is then removed and there is a very tiny void in the surface of the coating. ReLoad (which is an inorganic water-based formula composed from specially modified Silica, glass nano components (5% total concentration)) can then be used to fill in those voids, thus rejuvenating the coating and adding to its life.

Surely the coating will be just fine without these types of products and will still bead water very well, but we all know that if someone tells us there is a magical product that will make it EVEN BETTER, we're probably going to try it.