PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated MF detergent?

Pages : [1] 2

lucky417
10-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Do i need this? I been pre-soaking with oxy clean free in hot water then washing in oxy clean free and adding vinegar to the rinse... seems to be ok but wasnt sure if its really beneficial to use a dedicated mf wash. please chime in guys

zmcgovern45
10-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Plenty of threads on MF washing already, but I would definitely suggest a MF detergent if you want to keep your towels looking/feeling great.

lucky417
10-15-2013, 11:41 AM
I tried searching a while back and thats where i got the oxy clean free with vinegar added..... just seemed a little lacking....i used some BF polymer spray and thew them in the washer but didnt turn on....went to pickup my son from school and washed them when i got back and did the method i described and i can still see the porduct on the towels so i washed again and still the same......

cleanmycorolla
10-15-2013, 12:51 PM
I use a dedicated MF detergent, I prefer Blackfire, it is THE BEST HANDS DOWN. If you're on a budget, CG offers a fine one as well. But I buy BF Detergent by the gallon, I dont know what it is but it always keeps my towels flawless.

wdmaccord
10-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Get some Micro Restore detergent. May seem pricey but you only need one ounce for most loads. I add OxyClean free to my washing machine with the MR detergent and use the autosoak feature. Hot water wash/cold water rinse. I have tried vinegar in the rinse but didn't really get any benefit from it personally.

Inzane
10-15-2013, 02:36 PM
What does adding the oxyclean free do? Is that an extra cleaning power boost?

I have Micro-Restore, but I also sometimes wash them in liquid Tide. The only reason I do that is I've sometimes been disappointed with how clean my MFs come out of the wash with MR.

KS_Detailing
10-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I have some BF micro restorer on the way. Does anyone else have an He washing machine? I'm sure nothing would happen if I use the BF but it says to use He detergent only.

siberianrunner
10-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Been using BF microfiber cleaner and restorer for sometime now in an HE machine with no problems at all.

ski2
10-15-2013, 04:12 PM
3D Towel Kleen does a fantastic job and is only $16 per gallon.

KS_Detailing
10-15-2013, 05:03 PM
Been using BF microfiber cleaner and restorer for sometime now in an HE machine with no problems at all.

ScottB
10-15-2013, 05:04 PM
I still believe in it .... you can add some white vinegar in rinse for softening also.

RTexasF
10-15-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm on the opposite side.........I think it's a rip. I use Charlies Soap and they come out just fine every time. The MF specific soaps do work but you can do the same for so much less money if you bother to investigate. A gallon of Charlies lasts me a year or more.

Wors
10-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Before a dedicated MF Wash I used All Free. BF, DP, Pinnacle, and CG MF Wash work great. The dedicated MF Washes IMO do clean better.

swanicyouth
10-15-2013, 06:14 PM
I've tried several detergents. The PBMG detergents (BF / DP) just leave the towels the nicest and clean the best IMO. I have CGs MF cleaner - not impressed. Will not be buying more. Luckily, I snagged a gallon of the DP during this sale. I'd recommend DP or BlackFire.

Brace1
10-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm on the opposite side.........I think it's a rip. I use Charlies Soap and they come out just fine every time. The MF specific soaps do work but you can do the same for so much less money if you bother to investigate. A gallon of Charlies lasts me a year or more.

I'm a big fan of Charlie's Soap for APC mix. I went through a 5 gallon bucket of their laundry detergent (liquid) but when I upgraded to a front-load washer (requiring HE detergent) I went back to Tide.