PDA

View Full Version : PC noise ?

beausdad
06-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I recently purchased my PC from AG. I used it for the third time yesterday and I noticed something I did not notice before. When I was finishing an area I would turn the machine off and when it was almost through spinning (jiggling) it would make a pretty noticable grinding noise. I was wondering if I am supposed to be lubing it somehow or if this is common and I just didn't notice it before. I am using the same pads every time.

Neothin
06-02-2006, 04:33 PM
mine does it also. I haven't noticed any difference in performance thus far. I use mine alot too... I wouldn't worry about it.

INMY01TA
06-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I think it says in the instructions/owners manual no lubrication ever needed.

Kelso
06-02-2006, 07:36 PM
mine always freaks me out... when i first opened up the box i plugged it in and turned it on and then immediatly off to inspect. i didnt expect the awkward noises but i guess its no big deal

abrcrombe
06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey, as long as it still makes your cars look great, why worry? I thought mine was messed up too, but I guess its normal.

BlackCoupe
06-05-2006, 02:29 PM
I recently purchased my PC from AG. I used it for the third time yesterday and I noticed something I did not notice before. When I was finishing an area I would turn the machine off and when it was almost through spinning (jiggling) it would make a pretty noticable grinding noise. I was wondering if I am supposed to be lubing it somehow or if this is common and I just didn't notice it before. I am using the same pads every time.

Its not the cover shaking, is it?

beausdad
06-06-2006, 11:26 AM
BlackCoupe,

It very well could be the cover as it seems kinda loose.

Thank you all for the replies, I feel better knowing others have this same problem and it seems to have no long term affects on the machine.

Surfer
06-06-2006, 11:42 AM
If you guys are talking about what sounds like a loose ball bearing or marbles in a can sound, it's normal. Mine and other's I've heard only do it at low rpm or when turning off.

BlackCoupe
06-06-2006, 12:56 PM
BlackCoupe,

It very well could be the cover as it seems kinda loose.

Thank you all for the replies, I feel better knowing others have this same problem and it seems to have no long term affects on the machine.

DOn;t know if you use the screw in handle or not, but if not, the plastic houseing on the head will rattle when your hand is not on it, which would kind of be the case when you have turned it off and pulled it away from the surface. Just a thought.