PDA

View Full Version : more carnuba : what advantage

Pages : [1] 2

canoebuck
06-20-2007, 06:04 AM
In a recent post comparing collinite products someone mentioned that 915 concours d'elegance contains more carnuba than 845 insulator wax.
I have been using 845 and really love the shine and wet look .
Would there be more punch with 915s higer carnuba content. Would it last longer?Would it be harder to apply/remove. Would it be more wet or more shiny.
My 845 is almost gone so I want to replace it with either more 845 or 915 .
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

p.s. I tried the new Nattys Red and reaally didnt like it. Tough to apply evenly and very very tough to remove. I tried to get it on very thin. Nice shine and initial slickness but not worth the work compared to collinite 845.

Al-53
06-20-2007, 06:14 AM
The 915 is a bit harder to apply and remove if not put on THIN....first few times I used it i was working like a bull...I called Mike at collinite and he said...use a damp applicator....QD the car first to add a slick surface as it helps the wax spread easier...if you have any problem removing use a QD to help remove...I did and was much better...I then got to the point where I learned to put it on thinner...and all was well....the high caranuba content just adds a better gloss.....it is very durable ...I like it...I seen better results on the finished look over 855 or 845 IW...but they are all nice waxes..not a true beauty wax...but a fine wax...

you will like the 915....just go THIN...

AL

Nica
06-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Interesting becuase I just purchased 845..mm...good tips as usual Al.

Thanks for sharing.

Al-53
06-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Nica..the 845 goes on nice since it is a liquid....but the damp applicator still works with it to spread it thin...the pastes are the ones that can be bullish...some times they go one nice..some times a bear..it has to do with humidity...temps..funny how products are tempermental in temp conditions...

I like the 845 for my wheels....it really holds up....looks good on paint also...really beads up a storm...

AL

richy
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Nica..the 845 goes on nice since it is a liquid....but the damp applicator still works with it to spread it thin...the pastes are the ones that can be bullish...some times they go one nice..some times a bear..it has to do with humidity...temps..funny how products are tempermental in temp conditions...

I like the 845 for my wheels....it really holds up....looks good on paint also...really beads up a storm...

AL

A durability question for you Al: Does Collinite (I currently am using the 476) offer better or longer lasting protection than DG (105)? How about topping DG with Collinite? Does the DG need to cure before? Thanks

Stittville Ed
06-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Collinite is only a few miles from me in the city I grew up in.
Mike told me that 915 had 25% more carnauba than 476S

Al-53
06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
A durability question for you Al: Does Collinite (I currently am using the 476) offer better or longer lasting protection than DG (105)? How about topping DG with Collinite? Does the DG need to cure before? Thanks

Ok ..hard question..I used 105 thru the winter here....and worked out great..I used AW twice during that time when I could wash with out it freezing....

the year bofore I used Klasse AIO and SG with 915 0n it and it lasted all winter also...

I usally do the winter coat in Sept or Oct...

I found the DG washed cleaner during the winter....wax has the tendency to be more aborbent of pollutants...or get imbedded as I should say...

wax is not a real hard shell like a sealant....it is hard..but not as hard...even a sealant will get imbedded but not as bad....

and yes..best to let any sealant cure before adding a wax...

476s is the same as these waxes...

IDENTITY (As Used on Label and List)
#476s Super Doublecoat Paste Wax
#900 Mold Release
#885 Fleetwax Paste
#S-238 Insulator Paste Wax

very durable....I could not say if they would last longer ..to many factors ..

I have topped 105 with 855...845...915....and they look good...

915 has the best look of them all...

AL

canoebuck
06-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Hey Al . You mentioned that the Collinite isnt a true beauty wax . What would be that would also last ?

Al-53
06-20-2007, 11:41 AM
By beauty waxes I mean like SOV...Zymol....Victoria waxes...and a few others...but they will not last like collinite....collonite does look nice..but can not compare to the above as far as looks.....

I do not know of a beauty wax that lasts as long as the collinites...not that there is none..but I know of none...

but as I said...the 915 was the best looker of the bunch....I was pleased with the looks....

AL

Nica
06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Interesting becuase I just purchased 845..mm...good tips as usual Al.

Thanks for sharing.

Sorry I need to correct my self, the one that I purchsed was the 476 not the 845 got mixed up with the numbers...sorry but the information still helps Al.

Thank you

Surfer
06-20-2007, 01:49 PM
I have 915 and like it, underrated wax, most that haven't used Collinite don't think they look good, I have 845 and 915 and still like them even though I have Natty's Blu, Souverran, CG 5050 etc. 915 was great on our silver with flakes topping EX-P.

Cheetah
06-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Yea, Collinite looks pretty good. I use it a lot. I don't know why people don't talk more about it's looks. Looks great to me. It's also my goto wheel wax. Lasts a LONG time and makes the rims look shiny.

Strokin04
09-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Al, does the 915 have the same durablilty as 476s? I think I am going to top my DG 501 with some collinite 845 and a layer of 476 or 915 since winter is coming.

Al-53
09-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Al, does the 915 have the same durablilty as 476s? I think I am going to top my DG 501 with some collinite 845 and a layer of 476 or 915 since winter is coming.

The 915 last as long as 476s....and has a better look also....but I would use it over the 501 rather than the 844IW..since IW is very strong solvent wise and may compromise the sealant....they do make a insulator paste wax..but I never used it or seen it for sale any where.....

these are all the same wax...

#476s Super Doublecoat Paste Wax
#900 Mold Release
#885 Fleetwax Paste
#S-238 Insulator Paste Wax

anyways....915 x 2 will be a killer combo.....a real nice winter combo also....

915 lasted thru a winter with Klasse twins and also DG 111 and 105

AL

2turbos
09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Thank Al for the tips! Man.. I am starting to think you own and formulate the ingredients for a lot of the companies....Your application and knowledge is unbelieveable!:) I am not only going to disect your brain from now on but ask for pointers too!!