PDA

View Full Version : Iron-X Paste

The Critic
10-14-2013, 02:14 AM
Hey guys,

I finally had a chance to use Iron-X paste on a fairly contaminated car. The vehicle was a silver 2009 FX35 with the infamous scratchshield paint.

During the wash, the paint felt like it had a moderate amount of contamination. I know for a fact that it had not been clayed in 18 months and is parked outside 24/7.

I applied the Iron-x paste to the paint (what was still somewhat wet) and waited 5-7 minutes before rinsing off. For each panel, I used about a quarter-sized amount. However, other than the hood, I did not see much of the purple color change.

The Nanoskin Med wash mitt did seem to remove the contaminants a bit quicker than I expected, but there was still a decent amount of contamination on the paint. So, the Iron-X did not make the drastic difference that I was expecting.

Was there an issue with my application process, or was it possible that this particular vehicle did not have much embedded rail dust?

Thanks.

arj
10-14-2013, 02:22 AM
The most probable explanation would be that your car does not have much iron contaminants, more towards organic contaminants.