PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Garage 3 Inch???

Pages : [1] 2 3

CaneCharger
10-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Any opinions?

artofdetailing
10-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Just bought one. used it last week and its ONLY good for wetsanding headlights and applying wax to wheels. THATS IT. This thing has no power whatsoever. I would strongly encourage you to buy a PC and use 4 inch spot buff pads on a 3.5 inch backing plate.

mleun481
10-13-2013, 06:56 PM
I like the GG 3" for getting to the small areas that the PC can't get to.

geekdout
10-13-2013, 07:29 PM
I am sure some would say the GG 3in is kind of pointless since you can put a small backing plate on the full size model. But the 3in model is just so easy to work with when doing certain things.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Just bought one. used it last week and its ONLY good for wetsanding headlights and applying wax to wheels. THATS IT. This thing has no power whatsoever. I would strongly encourage you to buy a PC and use 4 inch spot buff pads on a 3.5 inch backing plate.

This. only really worth it for wet sanding. Save your money and go with the smaller backing plate for the PC/GG and pads.

01GreyStangGT
10-13-2013, 07:49 PM
I used mine today.

StangFan25
10-13-2013, 08:17 PM

I disagree. Mine offers more benefits than "only good for wet sanding". Mike Phillips has also detailed the benefits the 3" offers.

If you have an opinion on a product, great, but don't try stating it as fact as its misleading to those seeking purchase advice.

:)

artofdetailing
10-13-2013, 08:33 PM
I disagree. Mine offers more benefits than "only good for wet sanding". Mike Phillips has also detailed the benefits the 3" offers.

If you have an opinion on a product, great, but don't try stating it as fact as its misleading to those seeking purchase advice.

:)

So what do you use it for? Curious to know

StangFan25
10-13-2013, 08:51 PM
So what do you use it for? Curious to know

Polishing my spoiler, front bumper, other areas that are too small for the 6"

Search for Mikes thread, he offers other uses for the 3" as well.

BlackHawk
10-13-2013, 09:33 PM
from what ive read in the past. For paint correction speed 6 is a MUST. But other than that i cant see it NOT being useful, plus it probably is more fun to use it bet lol

artofdetailing
10-13-2013, 09:34 PM
In my opinion, one would get better results with the PC and 4 inch spot buff pads from lake country. I will say the 3" is exceptional for applying wheel wax and sealants though.

R4IDER
10-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Its great for wheels use. it can do paint correction , and also on very tight spots its very useful. Got mine for $100 with like 6 pads and some Mf's so i will say its definitely worth it.

great for taking the wheels or other parts inside and polish them sitting in the couch :p

Klasse Act
10-13-2013, 10:07 PM
IMO this little machine gets a back rep and yeah its small and honestly only needs one setting, speed 6, LOL but when you use a mf compounding/polishing pad it does better than you'd think. That said, it has its limits, remember, this machine is small and has a small motor. Also, using the mf pad along with a product like Meg's UC or M101 can make the GG 3" work wonders.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Rsurfer
10-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Polishing my spoiler, front bumper, other areas that are too small for the 6"

Search for Mikes thread, he offers other uses for the 3" as well.

So you can't polish your spoiler or front bumper with a GG6 with a 4"pad?

StangFan25
10-13-2013, 10:32 PM
So you can't polish your spoiler or front bumper with a GG6 with a 4"pad?

Why would I want to waste the time to stop working, change plates, pads, and start again. You might enjoy wasting valuable time, but I don't.