PDA

View Full Version : 06/ 07 Ford King Ranch

D
06-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Im doing an 06 or 07 King Ranch tomorrow. Im pretty sure the leather isnt coated. So what can I use to clean and condition it?

Are there any other things I need to know about before starting?

Surfer
06-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Cousin uses the Ford Leather product available at the dealership, its specifically made for the King Ranch leather, quite a few people on truck forums have had issues with almost any other product for some reason, mainly staining. I think Duragloss actually makes the product for Ford?

AUdakota
06-20-2007, 01:15 AM
I think the leather is coated, its just a different color/texture. Wouldnt any untreated leather get all torn up and gross on seats?

Jimmie
06-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Cousin uses the Ford Leather product available at the dealership, its specifically made for the King Ranch leather, quite a few people on truck forums have had issues with almost any other product for some reason, mainly staining. I think Duragloss actually makes the product for Ford?

:iagree: and have heard the same thing. In fact you may want to talk with Ford b/c it seems like I heard that part of their warranty may be tied to using the Ford leather stuff. I've also heard that Duragloss makes the product for Ford.

Surfer
06-20-2007, 01:26 AM
I think the leather is coated, its just a different color/texture. Wouldnt any untreated leather get all torn up and gross on seats?King Ranch Leather is uncoated....basically pure leather, so comfy when broken in. The leather stuff Ford has for it is made specifically for that leather and it does work great.

D
06-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Its very nice, really soft. I went through the manual and this is what they said to get, King Ranch Saddle Shop (http://www.krsaddleshop.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=867&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=123&iProductID=867&path=1%2C2%2C117%2C123) Hopefully they will have this at the dealership because Im doing the truck tomorrow.

AUdakota
06-20-2007, 01:29 AM
what about baseball glove oil?

Surfer
06-20-2007, 01:33 AM
And yes, they will deny any warrenty work or anything to do with the leather if they test and find out you were using a product other then what they designed for it. Some products have had bad effects on the leather, can't just slap on any cleaner/conditioner.

AUdakota
06-20-2007, 01:37 AM
man I bet they get all sorts of complaints/warranty requests for that. I always thought it was just that orangish color.

D
06-20-2007, 01:38 AM
I guess I can just vacuum the seats, then use slightly damp microfiber to clean them.

The wheels are coated right?

sparkie
06-20-2007, 02:57 AM
And yes, they will deny any warrenty work or anything to do with the leather if they test and find out you were using a product other then what they designed for it. Some products have had bad effects on the leather, can't just slap on any cleaner/conditioner.
:iagree:

Russecu
06-20-2007, 06:56 AM
That bottle in that link looks alot like the Duragloss bottle. Which I have heard makes the conditioner for FOrd also. No telling how much the bottle form the stealership will cost.

scottlee
06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
i have also heard the same thing that DG makes the conditioner for ford, have also done a side by side comparison between the dg product and fords product and they look the same, smell the same and feel the same :confused:

D
06-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Yeah, well I dont have much of a choice. Ive never seen DG local here either.

mywifehatesclowns
06-20-2007, 09:03 AM
I use either Auto Magic Lanolin Leather treatment or Malco leather treatment. I have a few people with those trucks in Wellington Florida and they have never had a problem with them.