PDA

View Full Version : Shopping List

mpnx2
10-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Ok.. I have gotten to the point I would like to detail my cars by myself. I have read and re-read a lot. So I have put together this shopping list to get me started.
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo

BLACKFIRE Poly Clay & Lubricant Combo

Wolfgang Duo 3.0, 8 oz.

16 oz. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

8 oz. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Porter Cable 7424xp Hydro-Tech Essentials Pad Kit

Car Wash Buckets With Grit Guards

Mango Breeze Microfiber Towels 12 Pack

I still need to find a good wax and some drying towels any recommendations?

artofdetailing
10-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Ok.. I have gotten to the point I would like to detail my cars by myself. I have read and re-read a lot. So I have put together this shopping list to get me started.

Wolfgang Duo 3.0, 8 oz.

Good start, I would add cobra guzzler HD for drying towels (or spend the extra money on master blaster)

I would also replace the mango breeze towels with the miracle towels (much better in my opinion)

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is AMAZING! 16oz bottle will last a long time.

I would also purchase Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner along with a set of wheel woolies and or daytona speedmaster. Clean wheels speak a lot about a car.

(purchase a seperate bucket for when cleaning your wheels so you dont cross contaminate into your washing buckets.

Have you chosen a wash media? I highly suggest a natural sea sponge and or CarPro Wool Mitt.

Also, I would suggest looking at the Sonus Ultra-Fine Clay. For such a fine clay, It is also super tacky and does an excellent job during decon.

Hope this helps a bit.

-Brian

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Wax: Collinite 845

Drying Towels: The Guzzler Combo Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/guzzler-microfiber-combo.html)

I'm also a huge fan of Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant Glaze.

Pureshine
10-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Menz FG400 Meg's MF pads.

ArkayoDeetayo
10-13-2013, 11:56 AM

Wolfgang Duo 3.0, 8 oz.

I am goign to redo your list to make it better, either value wise or product wise, in the lsit of products you ordered...

For your shampoo, go with Chemical Guys Wash n Gloss or Honeydew Snow Foam, better dilution rate and works well

For your clay, Riccardo Clay just was released from the patent and is able to be sold in the US, so grab a 5 or 8oz. For the lube, get ONR (not wax), and mix your own lube, it will save you money in the long run and last you a long time. I still have my gallon from 5 years ago.

Wolfgang duo is fine, but I don't know what paint you have or what car. For most cases, the duo will be fine. If the duo does not remove your swirls still (hard paint), then try FG400 or WG Uber Compound

I would hold on the WG 3.0 Sealant. Instead, use this as your free sample you get.

Instead of Wolfgang Gloss Liquid Seal, go with Blackfire Crystal Seal.

Instead of Porter Cable, just go with the GG6, it will save you money from upgrading down the road later. GG6 is just a better machine, and after the GG6, you will be tempted to upgrade to a Flex or a Rupes, but baby steps first, try this polisher and see how you like it...if you are only doing your own car as you said, then GG6 is all you really need

Hydrotech pads are great, but also Hybrid pads are amazing.

Instead of buying the bucket and grit guard, just buy the grit guard. Then go to home depot and buy three buckets for $6, you get 3x the bucket for 1/2 the cost of what you were going to spend on one. (3 buckets for, Wash+Rinse+Wheels)

Avoid the Mango Breeze towels. They are horrible. The best towels I have used so far are these rolled edges. Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges, green buffing towels, micro fiber, micro fibre, detail cloths (http://www.autogeek.net/green-rolled-edge-towels-6.html)

For the drying, the Guzzler is amazing, but you can also use the rolled edges mentioned above.

Lastly, if you already have Crystal seal, a wax is unneccessary. Blackfire Crystal seal is so easy to use, you will never want to wax because it seems like too much work compared to a Wipe on Walk Away like crystal seal.

artofdetailing
10-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Wax: Collinite 845

Drying Towels: The Guzzler Combo Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/guzzler-microfiber-combo.html)

I'm also a huge fan of Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant Glaze.

I too am a huge fan of Klasse AIO and Collinite 845. They are ALWAYS in my arsenal

mpnx2
10-13-2013, 02:03 PM
I am goign to redo your list to make it better, either value wise or product wise, in the lsit of products you ordered...

For your shampoo, go with Chemical Guys Wash n Gloss or Honeydew Snow Foam, better dilution rate and works well

For your clay, Riccardo Clay just was released from the patent and is able to be sold in the US, so grab a 5 or 8oz. For the lube, get ONR (not wax), and mix your own lube, it will save you money in the long run and last you a long time. I still have my gallon from 5 years ago.

Wolfgang duo is fine, but I don't know what paint you have or what car. For most cases, the duo will be fine. If the duo does not remove your swirls still (hard paint), then try FG400 or WG Uber Compound

I would hold on the WG 3.0 Sealant. Instead, use this as your free sample you get.

Instead of Wolfgang Gloss Liquid Seal, go with Blackfire Crystal Seal.

Instead of Porter Cable, just go with the GG6, it will save you money from upgrading down the road later. GG6 is just a better machine, and after the GG6, you will be tempted to upgrade to a Flex or a Rupes, but baby steps first, try this polisher and see how you like it...if you are only doing your own car as you said, then GG6 is all you really need

Hydrotech pads are great, but also Hybrid pads are amazing.

Instead of buying the bucket and grit guard, just buy the grit guard. Then go to home depot and buy three buckets for $6, you get 3x the bucket for 1/2 the cost of what you were going to spend on one. (3 buckets for, Wash+Rinse+Wheels)

Avoid the Mango Breeze towels. They are horrible. The best towels I have used so far are these rolled edges. Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges, green buffing towels, micro fiber, micro fibre, detail cloths (http://www.autogeek.net/green-rolled-edge-towels-6.html)

For the drying, the Guzzler is amazing, but you can also use the rolled edges mentioned above.

Lastly, if you already have Crystal seal, a wax is unneccessary. Blackfire Crystal seal is so easy to use, you will never want to wax because it seems like too much work compared to a Wipe on Walk Away like crystal seal.

All, thanks for the help. I will edit the list accordingly. I assume by GC6 you are referring to the Griots Garage 6" unit? Also, yes I will just be doing my own vehicles which including a 2013 CTS-V, 2005 Infiniti G35 6MT, and finally a 2005 Nissan Titan. all are garaged kept. Also, I did forget the wheel cleaner thanks for that tip...

What about bugs any recommendations on what to use for those? Is a foam gun worth the trouble?

Next up interior.....

artofdetailing
10-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Foam gun is definitely worth it. Buy the gilmour one from amazon. Also invest in quick connects as it will make it super easy to switch from foam gun to hose.

For bugs, Poorboys Bug Squash. It's the best. Trust me.

For tar it works pretty good but TRIX by CarPro is where its at!

For interior, folex works great on carpets and can be found at Home Depots across the country. Pick up some Meguiars APC+. It has many uses for interior...