PDA

View Full Version : Next detail, I will try myself...advice

nodule
10-12-2013, 07:53 PM
HI,
So when my 2013 Civic is due for its next full exterior detail in the spring, I will attempt to do it myself, with hand application since I like in a condo community with no hose or outside electrical outlet.
I will use the 2 bucket ONR system, but I would like advice on the best sheapskin wash mitt and best microfiber wiping, buffing and dry towels, or are they pretty much all the same??
Any brands really that much better than others, or is it all personal preference?

Also, since my detailer polished out all the light swirls and scratches, do I need to have it polished again any time soon? Or, going forward, can I just hand wash and wax/seal?

Thanks!

nodule
10-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Wow..not a single response!

jeof1000
10-13-2013, 10:33 AM
I also live in apartment, we got the same problem, also got a new suv, a newbie in detailing... i bought a 300 gsm mf towel, it works fine for me, i used a turtle wax rinseless wash (coz its cheap) then dry it, I'm not putting any pressure when drying, then clay bar, then I used the klasse twins. Its been 2 month's now and the protection still works.I leave here ny so you know the weather... I hope that helps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
10-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Nodule,

Search and research the forums. You are months away from detailing your car, lots of time to learn everything you can.

There are literally a 100 threads on wash mitts, towels, etc and what is the "best". If you search you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know.