PDA

View Full Version : Which foam pads for a new car?

mansito
10-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I bought 2013 BMW 328 coupe two months ago (08/2013). I am looking for recommendations on which foam pads to use (not only the brand, but also the specific pad) with my PC7424. I am planning to use the PC and pads to apply the wax/polish, and remove the wax/polish by hand using microfiber towels.

This car is going to be my daily driver. Who often should I apply wax/polish to keep the paint in good condition?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Welcome to AGO.

I really like the 5.5 hydro tech pads on a DA.

swanicyouth
10-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Its so hard to recommend something without knowing what your trying to accomplish and the condition of the paint.

First, what the name of the color?

Second, are you trying to remove any defects in the paint?

Third, what products are you going to be using, or are you not sure.

mansito
10-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Its so hard to recommend something without knowing what your trying to accomplish and the condition of the paint.

First, what the name of the color?

Second, are you trying to remove any defects in the paint?

Third, what products are you going to be using, or are you not sure.

Sorry about not providing the enough information, I am new to detailing. It is a 2013 BMW 328. Paint color name: Black Sapphire Metallic. The car is 2 months old. I think the paint is in great condition. Maybe you guys that have experience may think otherwise. The car is my daily driver. I park underneath an overhead solar panel structure while at work. At night the car is garaged

I bought Klasse All-in-one and Klasse high gloss sealant. At this point, I am not trying to remove defects from the paint. My goal is to polish the paint a few times a year to keep it in good condition.

Trying to get the right pads, use them with my PC, and continue to get better with the PC with time. Maybe down the road I will need to deal with oxidation, and remove defects from the paint.

mansito
10-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome to AGO.

I really like the 5.5 hydro tech pads on a DA.

Thank you. After reading about these pads, I am guessing I will need the crimson (red) finishing pad.