PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: System 3000 Deluxe Pad Washer

Nick McKees37
10-12-2013, 01:55 PM
http://autogeekonline.net/nick/Fall%202013/detailer-s-system-3000-deluxe-pad-washer-1.gif (http://www.autogeek.net/system-3000-pad-washer.html)

The Detailer’s System 3000 Deluxe Pad Washer, by Lake Country, is an ingeniously designed pad cleaning system that removes compound, polish, and wax residue from all types of buffing pads. Designed with the professional detailer and car care enthusiast in mind, the Detailer’s System 3000 Deluxe Pad Washer features several industry firsts, including Aqua-Clean Technology. With the Detailer’s System 3000 Deluxe Pad Washer, you’ll be able to clean foam, wool, and microfiber pads faster and better than ever!

Click HERE to read more! (http://www.autogeek.net/system-3000-pad-washer.html)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-12-2013, 05:47 PM
That is a very cool pad washer packed full of features. Would love to see some reviews of this bad boy.

master detailer
10-12-2013, 07:36 PM
I have had the 2000 for 6yrs now and is in the top 5 tools I have for detailing.If you work on gelcoat/boats you need this.

mleun481
10-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Was considering the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer but this has got me thinking...

parttimer
10-13-2013, 09:17 AM
I just don't understand how you can use a pad immediately after cleaning it with one of these. Isn't the pad still somewhat damp?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

artofdetailing
10-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Was considering the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer but this has got me thinking...

Just bought the grit guard pad washer last night. This thing doesn't look like it will rid the pad of enough water IMO. Plus not connector to spin dry on the outside

Rez90
10-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Maybe Nick can chime in and tell us the differences between this unit and the grit guard washer....

KS_Detailing
10-13-2013, 08:46 PM
I just don't understand how you can use a pad immediately after cleaning it with one of these. Isn't the pad still somewhat damp?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

I ring out as much water as I can then place them on a box fan that I lay down on the floor. Dries them up in about 30 mins or so.

artofdetailing
10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
I ring out as much water as I can then place them on a box fan that I lay down on the floor. Dries them up in about 30 mins or so.

That is way too long of a time to wait when polishing a car. This thing is designed to make it less than a minute per pad from wash to dry.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-14-2013, 02:43 AM
The best way to dry a pad after running it through a pad washer is to attach it to a rotary and spin that puppy dry. This method will allow you to put it back on your machine without any down time due to allowing the pad to dry.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/62816-my-pad-washing-technique-review.html

KS_Detailing
10-14-2013, 08:21 AM
That is way too long of a time to wait when polishing a car. This thing is designed to make it less than a minute per pad from wash to dry.

I'm sure they can dry quicker. I havent used that smaller grit guard for drying or run them on the DA to dry. But the fan does work, it will remove all the moisture. I have quite a few pads of the same color so I've never have found it to be a problem.

Legacykid
11-01-2013, 12:37 PM
so after you let it spin on the DA is mostly dry, are you saying you can than use it right away?

I never understood how the price of these pad washers are so much. I see the use and think it is fantastic, but is it because your paying for convience or actualy R&D? because it looks like a $5 bucket with a smaller bucket and grit guardish piece inside that, with a plastic "top"

Jaddie
11-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Dear Legacy

You're probably looking at a contractual agreement between PBMG and Grit Guard for minimum advertised price (MAP).

If these things weren't patented, Joe's House of Crap would already have imitations on the market for US$30.