PDA

View Full Version : Drove threw garage truck slush!!!

hymato
10-12-2013, 09:14 AM
I drove threw a river of garbage truck juice by my job last night. My car stinks to high hell now! I've cleaned everything I can see with optimum power clean including wells, tires, I even jacked the side of the car up to hose underneath as much as I could. Even after a trip to the car wash for the under carriage wash and it still smells not as much as it did but it still stinks. I even foamed underneath the car with a mix of APC and maxi sudsII.
Can I run bleach threw my foam cannon? Or will that hurt the paint if I use it later. Any help is needed and appreciated!
:surrender:

Vegas Transplant
10-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Good question.
I have never bleached paint before.
Garbage juice sux.

hymato
10-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Bleach will hurt paint I read, I need a really strong disinfectant

Vegas Transplant
10-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Makes sense.
Maybe a janitorial jobber in your area could suggest a product that doesn't smell like pine sap.

GenesisCoupe
10-12-2013, 09:57 AM
I had this happen to me in the summer, it was terrible. It got into my airducts as well, had to change the cabin air filter in my car and the air improved significantly. I did use APC for undercarriage which removed a lot of the smell.

Nothing is worse than a sweet smelling urine and spoiled stuff lol

hymato
10-12-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm gonna go get some mr.clean stuff and mix it with some foam soap and jack the car up again and just soak everything again and again, and again. And Lysol inside the vent system although the inside dosent smell that bad.

FUNX650
10-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Bleach will hurt paint I read, I need a really strong disinfectant

Nothing is worse than a sweet smelling urine and spoiled stuff lol

Bleach is a strong oxidizer. Oxidation reactions are corrosive.
Bleach can also be use as a disinfectant.
Harmful to car paints? A strong enough solution just may be.
"Dwell time" may also play a role. As well as a bleach "neutralizer".

But forget about these points for just a moment.

-Bleach also contains sodium hydroxide...All hydroxides are harmful to many vehicle components.

And...(IMHO: Most important from a human's health point-of-view):
-Mixing "bleach" with some household cleaners can be hazardous...and toxic.
Mixing an acid cleaner with bleach generates chlorine gas.
Mixing with ammonia solutions (including urine) produces chloramines.
Both chlorine gas and chloramine gas are toxic.

-Take care when using the household products you've listed around garbage-slush...
One never knows what chemicals: Decomposing hath Wrought!!

Bob

hymato
10-12-2013, 12:23 PM
I bought some Mr.clean citrus based household cleaner that's antibacterial, I'm gonna mix it with some foam soap and soak the under side of the car while it's jacked up and wheel wells and lets it sit and see how that works. But first have to be on baby watch wife needs some sleep lol

hernandez.art13
10-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Just thinking outside the box. (Not sure where you are located)

Why don't you hire a Detailer that can take on this job.

And also have him show you, first hand, how to detail this job.

There is always helpful Detailers out there, just find one.

ArkayoDeetayo
10-12-2013, 01:28 PM
get some CarPro So2Pure for interior

hymato
10-12-2013, 07:37 PM
It's underneath the car not on the paint. And I do my own detaling, I'm probably goning to take my car to my job pick it up with a crane and use the hot water pressure washer to clean under it cause it still stinks.

GenesisCoupe
10-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Like I said in my earlier post, if your car is equipped with a cabin air filter you may want to change that too because once I changed mine the smell went completely away.

hymato
10-13-2013, 01:16 PM
The smell isn't coming into cabin, it just stinks underneath and in the wheel wells. I jacked the car into the air and used a hot water pressure washer at worked and practically steamed cleaned it I had the water so hot. But it still smells!

hymato
10-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Gonna try a foam bath of ammonia today. Wish me luck!