PDA

View Full Version : Permanon as a Lone LSP

swanicyouth
10-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Anyone try Permanon as a lone LSP? Is it durable? I'm asking if applied to clean paint, not on top of anything in the winter through snow and salt. I just ordered a 500cc bottle of the Car Supershine.

Rsurfer
10-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I don't think even Platinum would last during the winter months.

swanicyouth
10-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Hmm. What am I going to do with this stuff?

Rsurfer
10-11-2013, 05:49 PM
It's super fast and easy.

swanicyouth
10-11-2013, 05:54 PM
I guess I can use it on exhaust tips since its good til like a zillion degrees.

ScottB
10-11-2013, 09:57 PM
The product is a great spray wax and durability is better than some traditional waxes. There is nothing easier to use. I just used some on a rental car and the gloss and beading is immediately noted.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I just bought Permanon Super Matte for my recently vinyl wrapped Z06.

SYMAWD
10-11-2013, 10:13 PM
I plan on trying Platinum as a lone LSP, but I probably won't apply it until at least Thanksgiving time as my current LSPs are both going strong on both cars.

ArkayoDeetayo
10-11-2013, 10:23 PM
I just bought Permanon Super Matte for my recently vinyl wrapped Z06.

glad you took the plunge!

want to see your baby finished

spiralout462
10-11-2013, 10:59 PM
I have a sample of Super Matte. I've been mulling over what to try it on since I don't have anything wrapped in vinyl.

Wheel wells? Undercoat?? Patio Furniture? IDK

goodinblack
10-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Anyone try Permanon as a lone LSP? Is it durable? I'm asking if applied to clean paint, not on top of anything in the winter through snow and salt. I just ordered a 500cc bottle of the Car Supershine.

I did.

Only a few days in though.

It was the free sample I got.

Only washed and applied it.

Went from ZERO beading to super beading in a instant.

kevincwelch
10-12-2013, 07:45 AM
I've used it (Permanon Platinum) on my wife's Subaru twice now as well as my wheels. I'd say I've been pleased with it since it was so easy to apply. The shine is deep and the beading is great. It doesn't sheet like EXO v2, but it's decent. It certainly had made doing waterless washes on my wife's car very easy. I noticed around 4 months it needed to be reapplied. I agree: not sure it will last the Chicago winter. But, it's relatively cheaper than the other coatings and 50 mL should cover about two cars. I read, however, that once you mix it, it needs to be used within a couple of weeks.

swanicyouth
10-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I think I'll use it in the winter as a "topper" for the low half of my DD when the snow hits. I was planning on using Colly 915 as my LSP this winter. But, the Permanon is so easy, I could apply it bi-weekly. Dunno.

Too many LSPs. Not enough cars. They are kind of marketing this stuff like its a semi-permanent coating, not that it needs to be applied every few months like wax.

kevincwelch
10-12-2013, 10:55 AM
They are kind of marketing this stuff like its a semi-permanent coating, not that it needs to be applied every few months like wax.

That's the way I've viewed it.

Topped with Reload, the shine and gloss is really nice.

Crispy
12-29-2015, 09:30 PM
I use it all the time. Most recently on set of uncoated ( no clear coat) winter rims. They have been on the car since Dec 5/15. Prior to install did full Correction. The wheels are a "honey comb" type design so buffing a section is impossible. The Permanon is a perfect fit for this application. Hard to reach and clean pockets are a breeze. Wash with car wash soap, rinse with water (sprayer in garage in winter) and spray Permanon. Wipe down with micro fiber towel and done. Wheels look like day I installed. The Permanon doesn't seem to work as well on hard plastic or bumper covers for some reason (electrostatic bond may not be as strong with plastic). This product is a great and easy to use "Detailer" and a mixed bottle lasts a long time.