PDA

View Full Version : I'm Such a GEEK

Pages : [1] 2

AL417
06-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Just a few minutes ago I saw my neighbor trying to put together a basketball backboard for his son's birthday. He started the job long before dusk but you know how those things go. I see them out there in the dark with his wife holding this little battery lantern for light while he's trying to finish putting this thing together. So of course I ask if they need some light and run in my house and grab my halogens and my reel extension cord. Three minutes later it's like daylight out there and Steve finishes the job. I run back to my truck, grab Plasti-Care and a MF run back and clean the backboard before we stand it upright. While I'm cleaning it I'm telling them that this stuff will protect the backboard and water will just roll right off of it. They all thank me and his wife says to me "I knew you would have all the toys".

Am I a GEEK or what???

Rsurfer
06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
You might be an auto geek, but a good neighbor. Need more people like you in this world.:applause:

2KLS1
06-19-2007, 11:21 PM
You might be an auto geek, but a good neighbor. Need more people like you in this world. :iagree:

Besides better a geek than a nerd :).

AUdakota
06-19-2007, 11:56 PM
I think using your halogens for stuff other than detailing is fine. However you might be the first person on earth to ever detail a backboard.

ltoman
06-20-2007, 12:00 AM
how funny, alice ... i knew when i started reading your post you were going to wax it or something! how funny and sweet!!!
lauren

sparkie
06-20-2007, 02:45 AM
You Geek!!! Oh I'm one too!!!:D

scottgt
06-20-2007, 04:17 AM
lol thats great

ehuth1
06-20-2007, 04:27 AM
take some pics of the backboard beading :)

sparkie
06-20-2007, 04:36 AM
take some pics of the backboard beading :)
Good one!:applause:

AL417
06-20-2007, 06:35 AM
I forgot to tell you the best part. Doreen, the wife, unplugs the extension cord in the garage and is walking towards me with it. I tell her to go ahead and drop it and I start reeling it in. Steve looks at the extension cord reel and says with lust in his eyes "I could've used one of those instead of the four ties I got for Father's Day".
OK. Time for this girl to grab her stuff and head back across the street.:D

Thanks for the sweet comments.
I didn't do anything that anyone else wouldn't have done.

dengood1
06-20-2007, 06:49 AM
I forgot to tell you the best part. Doreen, the wife, unplugs the extension cord in the garage and is walking towards me with it. I tell her to go ahead and drop it and I start reeling it in. Steve looks at the extension cord reel and says with lust in his eyes "I could've used one of those instead of the four ties I got for Father's Day".
OK. Time for this girl to grab her stuff and head back across the street.:D

Thanks for the sweet comments.
I didn't do anything that anyone else wouldn't have done.

:p yep, wore out your welcome!! lol

Ummm.....isn't that what the halogens were made for? haha....

Nica
06-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Very nice Al417, you are a true proud Geek...and for that I salute you.

Good job!! cachow!! ;)

DavidJ021
06-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Wow I did not know you were a female the whole 3 months i've been posting.

Great job being a good neighbor!

Gary Sword
06-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes you are a geek! ;)

Jimmie
06-20-2007, 07:07 PM
You make this "Geek" proud to be on here with you.