PDA

View Full Version : LSP Ready Paint Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

PRicci09
10-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Hey all,

I am looking for a paint cleaner (ideally containing abrasives) that can be topped with wax or sealant immediately after removal. (meaning I would not need to re-wash or do an IPA wipe down)

Ive been using Klasse AIO but I want something more abrasive that does not leave any protection behind.

Can anyone recommend me a product?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
10-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Not sure if the DP Paint Polish Prep has any abrasives in it but I have had great luck using it to prep the surface instead of doing an IPA wipe down.

Bigbull2984
10-11-2013, 12:14 PM
P21S and Blackfire Gloss enhancing polish does a great job but is a chemical cleaner and does not contain abrasives.

Desertnate
10-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't an abrasive paint cleaner be the same thing as a very mild polish? I always associated cleaners with products having no abrassives in them.

A good option may be to look at those products on the polish/swirl chart that land in the "1" catagory on the scale. It's a little out of date, but might give you an idea of what to look for.

FUNX650
10-11-2013, 12:16 PM
IMO:
Since you state that you want an "paint-cleaner" containing abrasives;
and, depending on the abrasiveness-level you need:
That, in my book, is a polish. (Or even a compound.)

Select a polish that will be a "fit" with your choice of LSP...
so there'll be no need for any sort of panel-wipe-down.

:)

Bob

FUNX650
10-11-2013, 12:26 PM
P21S and Blackfire Gloss enhancing polish does a great job but is a chemical cleaner and does not contain abrasives.
No abrasives?
OK...Then what's in these two products that's doing the actual paint "cleaning"?

Bob

PRicci09
10-11-2013, 12:47 PM
IMO:
Since you state that you want an "paint-cleaner" containing abrasives;
and, depending on the abrasiveness-level you need:
That, in my book, is a polish. (Or even a compound.)

Select a polish that will be a "fit" with your choice of LSP...
so there'll be no need for any sort of panel-wipe-down.

Bob

Bob, the problem is that I am a bit of an "lsp addict" I am consistently stripping the protection off my car just to try a new product. So, I am really looking for something that I can use between my LSP experiments to strip the old protection and clean up the paint.

Im not looking to do any serious correction, just to clean up very mild scratches from routine washing and what not.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-11-2013, 12:48 PM
DP Prep Polish, no abrasives, LSP ready.

Andr3wilson
10-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Polish Angel Contour. Has enough abrasive to remove halos and marring, but contains a cleaner and abrasive.

PRicci09
10-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the recommendations guys,

Will DP prep polish deep clean the paint (like dg501,kaio,poli-seal) or does it just clean up surface oils like an ipa would?

WRAPT C5Z06
10-11-2013, 01:46 PM

Will DP prep polish deep clean the paint (like dg501,kaio,poli-seal) or does it just clean up surface oils like an ipa would?
If you clayed, then DP prep polish, you're paint would be CLEAN! Would not remove any defects, though.

CDot
10-11-2013, 02:23 PM

The latter...DP Prep Polish is a paint cleaner with no abrasives; it thoroughly cleans the surface of everything--a bit better than IPA. The others you listed are All-in-Ones that contain light abrasives and leave a little protection behind.

Darion
10-11-2013, 02:28 PM
With winter coming up I also needed to Get all product off my paint. The car is fairly new, finish in great condition so I really didn't want to clay, Plus its a Denali XL so huge. I settled in P21S Paint Cleaner.

P21S Gloss Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser car polish - This pre-wax cleaner and polish is a German blend of quality ingredients that will make wax (http://www.autogeek.net/p2paincleanl.html)

Its gentle, easy to use with my PC and left the finish squeaky clean and ready for UPP. If ya read that description I think it will fit what you are looking for and worked well for me.

PC

WRAPT C5Z06
10-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Most paint cleaners leave oil behind, not good, IMO. This is why I like DP Prep Polish; it leaves NOTHING behind.

kaiten408
10-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Dodo Juice Supernatural Micro Prime sounds like it would fit the bill. And it's on BOGO right now.

Dodo Juice Supernatural Micro Prime (http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-juice-micro-prime-polish.html)