PDA

View Full Version : All-Season Dressing

KS_Detailing
10-11-2013, 09:50 AM
It says no diluting but can it be 4:1 and still be effective? I like the 4:1 I get out of Hyper dressing.

SR99
10-11-2013, 10:14 AM
It says no diluting but can it be 4:1 and still be effective? I like the 4:1 I get out of Hyper dressing.
All-Season dressing is solvent based not water based. Even if you could get the appropriate solvent to dilute it with, it would reduce the longevity. Longevity is a main reason to choose a solvent-based dressing over a water-based dressing.

With Hyperdressing (water-based) the main reason for diluting is to control the sheen. If you prefer low-sheen, then you can definitely make the product last longer.

Evan.J
10-11-2013, 10:16 AM
What are you looking for that you are looking at ASD?

KS_Detailing
10-11-2013, 10:27 AM
What are you looking for that you are looking at ASD?

Wheel wells, maybe outside trim.

Evan.J
10-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Wheel wells, maybe outside trim.

I use Hyper dressing for the wheel wells and I use Wolfgang trim sealant for the trim.

KS_Detailing
10-11-2013, 11:03 AM
I use Hyper dressing for the wheel wells and I use Wolfgang trim sealant for the trim.

I've been using Hyper dressing for wheel wells, trim & tires as of right now. I heard ASD was more durable though.

Evan.J
10-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I've been using Hyper dressing for wheel wells, trim & tires as of right now. I heard ASD was more durable though.

HD on the trim is ok but will be gone fairly fast as im sur you have seen. If you look at wolfgang trim sealant, Ultima Trim and tire gel, or carpro c. quartz delux those are all much better options.

ASD is good but its very very slick. I used to use it but gave me more hassel and I worried too much about saftey and ended up goin with something else. Me personally I have liked Wolfgang trim sealant. A little bit goes a long way and does great. You can look to get about 6 months out of one application.

Pats300zx
10-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I have been using ASD for years and I love the glossy look. I have never used it on trim though. I always dress my trim etc with UTTG or Wolfgang.

If you like a glossy look on your tires or wheel wells then you will love ASD. Plus it smells great :)