PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Window plastic cleaning

Dave Medvic
10-11-2013, 07:40 AM
What is the most popular product used to just wipe down window plastic without "fogging" it up? I just saw a You Tube video that someone demonstrated Pledge Multi-Surface cleaner as a good choice. If other folks here have had success with it then I think I'll add that to my inventory. I have a convertible detail coming up and if the window doesn't need Plastic-X then I want to safely wipe it down without clouding it up.

eaglefan
10-11-2013, 07:53 AM
1Z Plastic cleaner

wheaton2010
10-11-2013, 07:57 AM
I used Meguiar's PlastiX one time on a really bad convertible top rear window and it seemed to work fairly well. I did it by hand so it was very labor intensive, especially working inside the car.

If I ever had to do it again I would try a DA with a 3" pad on a low speed. Also try a very small test spot with Meguiars M205.

Pureshine
10-11-2013, 08:52 AM
1z deep plastic cleaner or RaggTopp two of the best for this.

Mike Phillips
10-11-2013, 09:07 AM
For the flexible clear plastic window in the convertible top on the Porsche in this thread I used the RaggTopp Clear Plastic Window Kit. Used it on the inside and on the outside.

Lady in Red - 1986 Porsche - 4-Step Process (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/71247-lady-red-1986-porsche-4-step-process.html)

Worked perfect to clean both sides and restore clarity.

I have pictures with before, process and after, just not sure when I can get to them.

You can also use 303 Areospace Protectant on clear plastic windows and for removing oxidation and scratches you can hand or machine apply ScratchX.

Done them all... they all work good for their intended purpose.

:)