PDA

View Full Version : Does The Government Shut Down effect Auto Detailing ?

Pages : [1] 2

RPM
10-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Vote Here Feed back please

SON1C
10-09-2013, 06:16 PM
you forgot the poll!

Rsurfer
10-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Yes and in time will affect everyone. School kids are running our country. We should all be writing to our congress person and tell them to Shi$$ or get off the pot.

RPM
10-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Sorry...I am new here..didnt know where to find it...:awman:

SON1C
10-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Sorry...I am new here..didnt know where to find it...:awman:

haha I'm just giving you a hard time, but surely as rsurfer said in time every single person will feel it - severity will vary.

RPM
10-09-2013, 06:32 PM
I should add not to include political flavor....dont want to ruffle any ones feathers.

goodinblack
10-09-2013, 06:47 PM
No. People still want a shiny car.

Lol

Seriously though....... we are so much in debt........ and have cartoons in charge

FUNX650
10-09-2013, 06:53 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Government_Shutdown.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/64357)

........ and have cartoons in charge
There truly are: "Home Grown" Terrorists.

:(

Bob

RPM
10-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Back in the day , issues like this used to be decided on the golf course or at the Saloon...it seems those days are gone.

ken tuep
10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
It has affected me pretty badly. Most of my customers are government employees. I've had 5 cancellations since the shutdown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Challynger
10-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Uncertainty and fear in the economy result in decreased spending, especially for non-essential things like detailing (though most auto geeks would argue that detailing is most certainly essential :D)

VP Mark
10-09-2013, 09:34 PM
What shutdown? 83% of the federal government is still functioning. It's like calling McDonald's shut down because they are out of 3 menu items.

At most it's a "minor slowdown" for anyone but government employees.

And no, it has not effected my business. I feel for anyone who has a detail shop in DC though. They already voted the furloughed workers will receive back pay though so all should be well after this blows over.

cleanmycorolla
10-09-2013, 09:46 PM
It hinders my detailing because my lady is a NASA employee and scientist for JPL And it sucks because it cuts the household income down a while! Grrrrrr so I can't buy stuff until our household budget evens out! This one however hasn't sucked so bad yet she hopes it's done soon or her lab will have to shut in a few weeks.

supercharged
10-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Our great government, God bless them, thinks of new ways to tax law abiding citizens more and more. Hell, they'll even tell you this winter will be colder because they sold a lot of hybrids, and then moan that you need to birn more fuel to keep your house warm. I have a better idea - make gasoline $1 a gallon, and we will warm it up for them...anything stupid things they come up with always affect fuel prices. Pisses me off...And they don't need to tell me that gas in Europe cost twice as much. Cigarettes in London cost $20 a pack. Start with that.

Meticulous-Detail
10-12-2013, 03:59 AM
Well I am considered "essential" so I have to go to work and we are not getting paid, at the moment. Will we eventually get back pay? Sure. Will it be a lump sum check? Sure and I will get crushed in taxes. Those who have been furloughed are sent home without pay and the bill to get retroactive pay has stalled in the Senate. The GOV is barely functioning, prior to the shutdown all agencies were feeling the crunch and moral was low, now its even worse. I won't get into specifics on this forum, but when you don't have money to cover day to day operations and now your employees are not receiving paychecks it makes work a very unhappy place. Morale has hit an all time low.

Most of my customers are my co-workers so my detailing has come to a halt. I had a few scheduled for this month that cancelled.

So while the bottom feeders, fraudsters and illegal immigrants receive every government entitlement and social benefit known to man the hard working middle class gets railroaded, as usual.

So for now I have to get by on the wife's paycheck and my new car purchase has been suspended along with every other new purchase unless it is a necessity.