PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing touch up paint repairs?

VAS
10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum is doing this as an add on to their business. I'm considering offering this and I'm just looking for the best systems out there, or if it's best to just acquire as many enamel color pens as possible as you go. If you see it as a waste of time let me know that as well. I've just seen guys do that as a sole business and they seem to be doing very well for themselves.

Flash Gordon
10-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I'll touch-up if the customer provides the paint (or is willing to pay me to drive across town to pick it up)

There use to be a guy here that did this solely; and was really good. He died, but not before I picked up a few tips

:)

Eric@CherryOnTop
10-09-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm going to be doing a dr color chip repair on some rock chips on a black Chevy truck in the near future. Seems like it has the potential for a good profit margin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

VAS
10-09-2013, 12:05 PM
yea so long as it actually matches and looks decent it's a no brainer for dealerships and retail customers to pull the trigger at $50 a car. The guy I've seen at a dealership I used to work at would go around the car with some 1 step polishing product on a rotary, and go back around and touch up the rest of the car with a paint stick. He would come around one day a week, and have 5-7 cars to do on that day. I never saw him spend more than 30 minutes on a car and I'm almost positive he charges >$100 a car.