PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather ?

DogRescuer
10-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Its coming soon, for some it will be harsher for others, yup its winter. Preparing for the freezing tempertures I have some ?

Since I am mobile pt simply put, will my detailing products freeze?

apc?
rinseless washes, QD, tire gels
leather products
window cleaners
waxes, polishes
IPA
These are some of the Products I mean
No the bottles dont say

I have my Ice Fishing Gloves ready to continue my rinseless washes, Ill bring my own warm water as much as I can

Any help would be nice.

DogRescuer
10-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Nobody?

wdmaccord
10-09-2013, 08:31 AM
If it's liquid, expect that it will freeze. If you are mobile, you would be good to get a few totes to store everything in to make it easier to bring in and out of the house each day.

DogRescuer
10-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks

c8n
10-09-2013, 08:39 AM
My detailing supplies are all in my garage which is not heated.
None of them froze and I am in Northern New Jersey.

Desertnate
10-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Products in my garage have never frozen either in my un-heated garage. The heat from the cars parked in it for the night plus any minor radiant heat from the interior walls seem to keep the temps close (+/-) to freezing for most of the night.

What I have observed is some products get really viscous. Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo gets stiffer than molassas when very cold and almost won't pour out of the bottle at all.

flhden
10-10-2013, 07:38 AM
I am not a detailer but I have had several products over the years freeze and go bad on me. I do live in a colder area than Va though so maybe that has a bearing. I now store all my products in the basement when winter sets in.:xyxthumbs: