PDA

View Full Version : I may have used wheel cleaner to clean my carpet? HA!

Ohio Detailing
10-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Soooooo......

My puppy had an accident last night, and I ran out to my supplies to grab what was labeled Detailer's Pride Pre-Treatment. However, I had some suspicions, because the bottle's fluid was opaque and slightly yellow tinted, BUT what really caused me to wonder was the soggy semi-solid sediment that had formed on the bottom inch of the bottle.

Although this is not a characteristic of my current wheel cleaner of choice, once I began spraying our carpet IT SMELLED like wheel cleaner! I began to really get nervous, and even though I saw some bleaching effect. I quickly extracted and extracted my little heart out.

Fast forward, and the carpet's fine... BUT, I still have some misgivings about the bottle. I am 99% sure I didn't mislabel the bottle, but I thought it's always better to ask. I also took pictures :) I just don't want to take an chances, and with all the gallons of products I transfer to smaller spray bottles, I suppose as with any human error - anything is possible.

IMPORTANT CLOSING THOUGHT: The bottle's contents MAY be some final remaining leftover Chemical Guy's Lightening Fast Stain Remover... which, I'm somewhat sure also displayed that aggregation of soggy and foggy semi-solids that seemed to sink to the bottom (but I don't remember it smelling like the now ubiquitous iron-activated wheel cleaners) ??

PS: Guess who arranged a special order for Wet Glaze 2.0

Ohio Detailing
10-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Bump

Does Chemical Guy's Lightening Fast Stain Extractor match the description above?

Andr3wilson
10-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Lightening fast is 100% clear and smells like classic carpet cleaner.

Ohio Detailing
10-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Lightening fast is 100% clear and smells like classic carpet cleaner.

Shucks... in one of my frantic refill sessions the night before client appointments, I may have swapped carpet pre-treatment for what smells like Griot's Garage Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner perhaps, which was unimpressive... but that's off subject.

ThomasonCarCare
10-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Alls well that ends well I rekon.

stilltipping3
10-10-2013, 07:42 PM
I had a clear air freshener liquid that turned POOP brown in my garage due to the heat. It still smells good but I wont be using it again but in the garage to cover any left over smell of IRON-X.

Andr3wilson
10-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Shucks... in one of my frantic refill sessions the night before client appointments, I may have swapped carpet pre-treatment for what smells like Griot's Garage Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner perhaps, which was unimpressive... but that's off subject.

LOL. My main heavy wheel cleaners besides my own home made one are:

S100
Colourtech
Carbrite Acid.

Ohio Detailing
10-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys... maybe it was the heat... but I don't know why that would only selectively turn a small fraction of the liquid into little soggy semi-solid flakes like that - and the smell is still eerily similar to wheel cleaner. Oh well, at least my carpet didn't turn bleach yellow!