PDA

View Full Version : Product change/selection assistance please

nadams18
10-08-2013, 10:46 AM
My 2012 Dodge Charger Black is going to be getting a "makeover" here soon. Assuming that the rain holds off on a weekend that I have free. I live on a gravel road so dust is inevitable. I try to wash my car about once a week during summer and about every 2-3 weeks now that we are into the rainy season. I have some water spots that I need to remove due to hard water, which this seems to be a constant battle with this car, and a few light scratches. Sorry no pictures of them, please forgive me. My plan is to clay, compound/swirl/scratch remover (whichever works best), polish, and wax it. I am fairly new to the whole world of the vast detailing products, I have pretty much used nothing but Meguiar's product that you can find at your local automotive store. But I am wanting to expand my product base and get what is best for my car.

What I would like to know from you experts out there, are your opinions on the current products that I have at home and what I am looking at replacing them with makes sense or should I rethink it all? What I am trying to do is to maximizing my cars ability to look good, longevity for beading up water, and overall protection.

Currently own: Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, Meguiar's Ultimate Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax and Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat.

I am going to be replacing the UP and UW with Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and Blackfire Black Ice Hybrid Wax. Then also replace the Quik Wax with the Blackfire Midnight Sun Instant Detailer for in-between waxings. From what I have read the Black Ice wax should do very well on my car and I am using their recommend polish and maintainer, because I assume they both should work well together. To replace the UC I as thinking either Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover or the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover. I like the Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat, but I am open to change if you have any suggestions. I just want something that last and this appears to do so. Should I replace the clay as well?

Also if I am way off base on my thinking, please correct me. And if you have better product suggestions please let me know, and why it is better.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, knowledge, and advice.