PDA

View Full Version : cleaning benz "fabric" kick panel

wdmaccord
10-07-2013, 10:42 PM
I was doing an interior detail on a C-Class a few weeks ago and the kick panels on the lower part of the doors were covered in material similar to headliner "fabric". There were some sole scuffs but I was afraid to go after them. Didn't know if getting that fabric wet and agitating it might loosen it and cause it to stretch and sag. How do you guys clean these areas safely?

jamesboyy
10-07-2013, 11:16 PM
if the fabric is dusty just spray a few sprays of fabric cleaner on a microfiber towel and lighty wipe for more dirty parts you can use steam or a brush and agiate the stains

wdmaccord
10-07-2013, 11:22 PM
if the fabric is dusty just spray a few sprays of fabric cleaner on a microfiber towel and lighty wipe for more dirty parts you can use steam or a brush and agiate the stains

So you haven't had any problems cleaning that fabric with moisture? I was worried about it stretching and sagging. I would have probably used CG Fabric Clean and agitated with upholstery brush (Tampico). then spray with some water to rinse and dab with MF towel to soak up the excess water. I don't have a steamer.

jamesboyy
10-07-2013, 11:32 PM
The trick to cleaning this fabric is not to soak it alot just use a microfber towel and your upolistrie brush to get the stains removed as best as you can you dont need to to rinse the fabric just dap dry after removing stains