PDA

View Full Version : What are the most helpful drill attachments for polishing metal?

artofdetailing
10-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi Autogeek Family,

I am interested in purchasing a polishing ball/cone to attach onto a power drill for faster polishing of metals. Im stuck between Chemical Guys Ball Buster, Mothers Powerball, and the Flitz line of balls. I know how to clean the metal first and then polish with duragloss metal polish + 0000 steel wool. My results are great however id like to cut down my work time if possible.

Thanks,
Brian

Feed back please

artofdetailing
10-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Feed back please

KillaCam
10-07-2013, 09:35 PM
You're better off getting an aluminum polishing kit similar to what harbor freight sells. I have the meguiars dynacone and it works faster than hand but still falls short in tight areas. Felt bobs and cotton buffs are probably you're best option.

artofdetailing
10-07-2013, 09:52 PM
You're better off getting an aluminum polishing kit similar to what harbor freight sells. I have the meguiars dynacone and it works faster than hand but still falls short in tight areas. Felt bobs and cotton buffs are probably you're best option.

Thank you! I found it for $18.99 on their website. Has 14 different pieces to get the job done! I will be ordering this tonight.

KillaCam
10-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Thank you! I found it for $18.99 on their website. Has 14 different pieces to get the job done! I will be ordering this tonight.

Make sure you do a search for a 20% off coupon it can be found very easily.

rmagnus
10-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Flitz and their ball are pretty awesome. Haven't used the others

Crispy
12-29-2015, 10:30 PM
I do metal polishing with Tripoli compound for most applications. A flexible shaft attachment is most used tool in my arsenal. Small wheels (as small as 1") and backing plates really cut down on time spent. Knowing what can be removed by what (only trial and error) will greatly reduce time spent.