PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Protectant Plus

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
06-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Anyone out there using Optimum protectant plus? How is this stuff? Any good? Currently my favorite interior protectant is Pooboy's Natural Look. What finish does OP+ gives? GLossy, matte, no shine?

recommended?

TIA.

trhland
06-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Anyone out there using Optimum protectant plus? How is this stuff? Any good? Currently my favorite interior protectant is Pooboy's Natural Look. What finish does OP+ gives? GLossy, matte, no shine?

recommended?

TIA.its awesome !! leaves a flat look not really shiny thats why i like it it . works great and cleans nice too. great for leather too. i recomend it all the way in fact .i need to order another gallion:p

devst8
06-19-2007, 06:28 AM
its awesome !! leaves a flat look not really shiny thats why i like it it . works great and cleans nice too. great for leather too. i recomend it all the way in fact .i need to order another gallion:p

x2

the only thing I don't like is the smell, beside that, work like a charm

r_wain
06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
x2

the only thing I don't like is the smell, beside that, work like a charm
x3...good stuff

I actually like the smell...couldn't tell you want it is but the car smells good when i'm done. It smells almost like leather but not really. :D

Whitethunder46
06-19-2007, 08:05 AM
I like it a lot. It does streak on HOT surfaces though. I ususually go w/ 303 on the dash which I find doesn't streak in the hot sun.

devst8
06-19-2007, 08:07 AM
yeah, it's definitly not smelling bad. actually i think you're right about the leather smell, i used it maybe 4 times total now and each time i was trying to figure out what that smell was lol

trhland
06-19-2007, 08:18 AM
x2

the only thing I don't like is the smell, beside that, work like a charmyes the smellis nasty when i first started useing it i thought i had a bad batch but its normal . the smell goes away fast doest last.

wytstang
06-19-2007, 10:56 AM
I repleid to your PM and said PB NL and 303 both streaked (303 not as much). Well now that others have said some streaking may occur on hot surfaces that may be my issue. It never even crossed my mind. Like I said I'm going to ally OP+ this weekend (probably on a hot surface lol) so I'll try to take some good close ups.

supercharged
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I repleid to your PM and said PB NL and 303 both streaked (303 not as much). Well now that others have said some streaking may occur on hot surfaces that may be my issue. It never even crossed my mind. Like I said I'm going to ally OP+ this weekend (probably on a hot surface lol) so I'll try to take some good close ups.
Post some pics, please.

Surfer
06-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I use Optimum Protectant Plus all the time, love it. Excellent product, works great and dries to the touch and leaves a nice matte sheen. Put me as another who actually likes the smell for some reason LOL, either you hate the smell or like it.

Zymol
06-19-2007, 06:41 PM
I've been testing and using 303 Protectant, which I tend to like very much. I recently purchased a bottle of Optimum Protectant Plus to compare against the 303 Protectant.

I thoroughly cleaned my dash with a woolite / water mix, then used a clean micro fiber towel spritzed with distilled water to remove any remaining woolite soap film. This worked perfectly and left my dash absolutely clean and ready for the OPT Protectant + application.
Overall I find the OPT Protectant + to be fairly similar in appearance to the 303 Protectant. This is what I was hoping for.
Need to do a bit more testing to finally make up my mind. However I am leaning towards the OPT Protectant + now, and if this is my go to vinyl dressing, I will purchase a gallon of it for my detailing business. The OPT Protectant + is half the price as the 303 in the gallon sizes.
I know it makes a difference as to the types of applicators one uses to apply the vinyl dressings. Some applicators just work better and provide a more even application.

What are your favorite applicators? Small micro fiber covered sponges?

Cheers,
Larry B

carnut00
07-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I used the optimum today and I dont think I will be using anything else. Very matte almost no shine like the meguiars interior detailer. My new favorite dressing.

Surfer
07-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I used the optimum today and I dont think I will be using anything else. Very matte almost no shine like the meguiars interior detailer. My new favorite dressing.Thats what I love about it, leaves the perfect look and absorbs into the trim and leaves a dry touch. Even works great on leather. For some reason I actually like the smell, not sure why as it doesn't smell fruity or anything, just, a smell lol.

Nica
07-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Very interesting topic, as I've bee pleased with Meg's #40 I think I need to give this product a try...lots of positive info here on the product.

Zymol
07-02-2007, 03:06 AM
Very interesting topic, as I've bee pleased with Meg's #40 I think I need to give this product a try...lots of positive info here on the product.

Nica - Personally, I've used all three of the following Vinyl Protectants, listed below, for interiors and for some exterior applications (like tires).
I like all three of these products for their appearance and ease of application.
Doing a comparison of the pricing on Autogeeks site for the 1 gal. containers, I came up with he following.

M-4001 Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber #40 1 gal $29.99
OPT-301 Optimum Protectant Plus 1 gal. $29.99
303-3037 303 Aerospace Protectant 1 gal. $59.50

Price wise, the Optimum Protectant Plus and the Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber #40 are the same price per gallon. The 303 is pretty well 2x the price per gallon.
As much as I like the 303 Aerospace Protectant, I find the Optimum Protectant Plus to be almost identical.
So for myself I'm leaning towards getting a gallon of the Optimum Protectant Plus. All three of these products are winners in my book.
I've heard good things about the DP Interior Surface Protectant. Going to have to try that one as well.

The small microfiber covered sponges seem to work the best for me for applying my vinyl dressings.

Cheers,
Larry B