PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO and SG Timing

kolohe
10-06-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm working against time and temperature constraints and would like to know if I can apply the sealant right after I'm finished applying/wiping off the AIO. Also, can I apply the sealant and since it needs to dry before buffing (I think), can I leave it on for 24 hours before wiping it off and without making it impossible to remove?

Also, am I right in assuming that the AIO can be applied at lower temps (60 degrees) because you need wipe it off while it's still wet? (i.e. won't dry as quickly in cooler temps)? And is the inverse true for the SG? i.e. a warmer temp is better because it needs to dry 1st and will do so more quickly if it's warmer out?

jamesboyy
10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Yes you can apply sealant after your aio but do know that you may weaken the bond of the sealant cause of the abrasives in the aio, you can leave the sg on for 24 hours but to ensure it is easy to come off spray some detail spray on your applicator then put a little bit of sg on the applicator aio can be used in temperatures ranging in mid 40s to 90 degrees as for sg don't apply if its below 50 degrees 65 to 90 is better though

take a look at this Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (KSG) Guide and Review | Ask a Pro Blog (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/klasse-high-gloss-sealant-glaze-ksg-guide-and-review/)

kolohe
10-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Yes you can apply sealant after your aio but do know that you may weaken the bond of the sealant cause of the abrasives in the aio, you can leave the sg on for 24 hours but to ensure it is easy to come off spray some detail spray on your applicator then put a little bit of sg on the applicator aio can be used in temperatures ranging in mid 40s to 90 degrees as for sg don't apply if its below 50 degrees 65 to 90 is better though

take a look at this Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (KSG) Guide and Review | Ask a Pro Blog (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/klasse-high-gloss-sealant-glaze-ksg-guide-and-review/)

Thanks for your help and the link. :) I may be walking the wire with the temp on the SG...

The Guz
10-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Go around the car and apply KAIO . Wipe off as you go to each panel. Then follow up with KSG. If you follow the write up you should be fine in the how to section. I let it sit for 45 min before I wipe it off. You may need some QD on areas that may have had to much KSG applied.

Another method which seemed to work is put a little KSG in a spray bottle and use about 1-2 sprays on a damp microfiber applicator and work into the panel. Once it flashes you can wipe it off. I use a 2 oz travel sizes pray bottle.

stilltipping3
10-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Go around the car and apply KAIO . Wipe off as you go to each panel. Then follow up with KSG. If you follow the write up you should be fine in the how to section. I let it sit for 45 min before I wipe it off. You may need some QD on areas that may have had to much KSG applied.

Another method which seemed to work is put a little KSG in a spray bottle and use about 1-2 sprays on a damp microfiber applicator and work into the panel. Once it flashes you can wipe it off. I use a 2 oz travel sizes pray bottle.

can wax be applied right after the wiping off of KSG or is there a time period that needs to go by?

The Guz
10-06-2013, 11:50 PM
8-12 hours is preferred before applying anything over it. I would do 2-3 coats of klasse sealant and not even use a wax to top it off. I also recommend sonus acrylic spritz to maintain and boost the shine.