PDA

View Full Version : This sucks!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

luv a shine
10-06-2013, 11:27 AM
I have been installing OC 2.0 for about two years. So I call up OPT and got approved for OC pro. I went to order my first OC pro and they told me I needed $100,000 in liability insurance. I am a part time detailer and cant afford insurance. What other coating options do I have?????

KMG
10-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Insurance really isn't all that expensive. You can get insurance for 30-50 a month, which really isn't that bad. Even if you only doing a few cars a month, it is still good peace of mind in the event something would happen.

Evan.J
10-06-2013, 11:34 AM
I have heard that optimum is changing the opti-coat pro in that they are charging more for the coating almost double the price. Secondly I heard that the warranty will only be good for cars that are 3 months or newer.

From what I have heard they are trying to weed out the weekend guys.

luv a shine
10-06-2013, 11:46 AM
I will dump there hole line. Stupid move Dr. G. How am I going to sell OC to a customer at $400-$800 with no warrantee . Look like CG will be getting more of my bizz. I also like how Second skin don't require a IPA/panel wide.

tuscarora dave
10-06-2013, 11:47 AM
This reminds me to send in my insurance info...Got the email but kept on forgetting..

What about Opti-Coat 2.0? I still have that glimmering on my car after years of abuse.

Vidur119
10-06-2013, 11:50 AM
50 bucks a month for $500,000 in liability insurance. I don't make a lot a month but if you're working on someone elses car be sure you are covered. Do not cheap out especially when one detail can essentially cover the premium.

Evan.J
10-06-2013, 11:50 AM
I will dump there hole line. Stupid move Dr. G. How am I going to sell OC to a customer at $400-$800 with no warrantee . Look like CG will be getting more of my bizz. I also like how Second skin don't require a IPA/panel wide.

C. Quartz?

Optimum hasn't done anything to the consumer line or OC2.0 just the pro line.

tuscarora dave
10-06-2013, 12:09 PM
I have heard that optimum is changing the opti-coat pro in that they are charging more for the coating almost double the price. Secondly I heard that the warranty will only be good for cars that are 3 months or newer.

From what I have heard they are trying to weed out the weekend guys.

Where did you hear this? Are there any links you could post or PM that go to the source of this info.

With the customers that I deal with and their lack of willingness to change the way they care for their vehicles, I have no real interest in offering Opti-Coat Pro as a permanent solution.

I never really have done that, but instead sold it as a "couple of years" durability coating for a cost that covers the product and puts a little extra in the bank.

I have less than a handful of clients that would qualify for the warranty in terms of how they'll care for and allow annual re-inspections etc. Perhaps it is time to look into alternatives for my business as well.

I won't be burning my bridge to Dr.G's products but treading forward with an objectively open mind as for what coatings will work best for what clients.

So does anyone really know what's going on with Optimum concerning Opti-Coat Pro?

Evan.J
10-06-2013, 12:20 PM
PM sent Dave.

FUNX650
10-06-2013, 12:21 PM
they told me I needed $100,000 in liability insurance.
I am a part time detailer and cant afford insurance.

What other coating options do I have?????
"Detail Business Insurance", as such, has been discussed many times.
It is...IMHO...not optional.

-There are many "Coating-options".
It is my option to not allow an uninsured detailer to ever touch my vehicles!!

-But...Whatever the outcome of this current situation you may have with Optimum, Inc....
I do hope you never meet-up with any life-changing, uninsured-events.

Bob

Andr3wilson
10-06-2013, 12:24 PM
POLISHANGEL COSMIC. Application is the easiest and it can be colour matched to the vehicle it is being applied to.

umana2482
10-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Insurance should be cheap, I would guess around $25 a month for $500,000.
Call State Farm, and get a quote.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

hernandez.art13
10-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Maybe optimum is coming up and they are trying to step up their game?

tuscarora dave
10-06-2013, 12:42 PM
"Detail Business Insurance", as such, has been discussed many times.
It is...IMHO...not optional.

-There are many "Coating-options".
It is my option to not allow an uninsured detailer to ever touch my vehicles!!

-But...Whatever the outcome of this current situation you may have with Optimum, Inc....
I do hope you never meet-up with any life-changing, uninsured-events.

Bob

No doubt about that... There are just too many possible unexpected things that could happen while on the job or en route to the job to not be covered...

I get involved in a lot more than just detailing and have excellent and extra coverages and my insurance costs are roughly $270 per quarter... That's just one full detail per quarter to cover the costs of my insurance...

IMO if you think you don't need it, your thinking is flawed..

hernandez.art13
10-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Insurance doesn't sound like a just "want" It sounds like a "definite need"

I've actually been wondering. When AG has there detailing seminars. (That we all watch on YouTube)

Well, I've been wondering what exactly is on the sheet that everyone has to sign. When they first walk in the door?

(Just wondering)