PDA

View Full Version : Soda exploded!!!! Need advice on how to clean!

Pages : [1] 2

MEGAdetail
10-06-2013, 01:17 AM
My mom had a soda explode in her car!
I'm going to be detailing her car tomorrow morning need advice on cleaning behind the stereo buttons, they are very sticky and some of them stick and take a little while to come back out.

I have a McCulloch steamer

The car in mention is a 2012 Nissan juke
Thank in advance

jamesboyy
10-06-2013, 01:34 AM
try useing the steam cleaner and microfiber if that dont work then use apc or interior cleaner and small brushes to clean in the small cracks

MEGAdetail
10-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Will the steamer ruin any of the buttons or electrical devices?

Pureshine
10-06-2013, 03:31 AM
Will the steamer ruin any of the buttons or electrical devices?

It can just be careful and not hold the steam over them to long. If your not confident using the steamer then just use APC.

HateSwirls
10-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I have the same steamer, I've always cleaned around the electronic parts and never had any problems.
Just make sure the ignition is off.
As said be careful.
Great little steamer btw, love mine.

goodinblack
10-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Can the McCulloh steamer be used on leather?

Pureshine
10-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Can the McCulloh steamer be used on leather?

Yes it can but not straight steam. you need to use a MF towel over the steam. Not sure what attachments come with your model.

HateSwirls
10-06-2013, 10:52 AM
I clean leather seats with my steamer, I wrap a wet MF towel around one of the attachment heads and begin to gently clean the leather,I find this to be the most effective way to clean leather.
Just remember to keep the head moving not to damage the leather , when common sense is used you'll have some really clean leather:)
Rinse out the towel when it becomes soiled.

goodinblack
10-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Thank you

swirls

Pureshine

jhodges
10-06-2013, 11:29 AM
A Real Old School Solution for Sticky Buttons:

A long time ago, in a time far, far away, "they" made something called tuner cleaner. It came in a spray can like canned air. It was used to clean all kinds of electronic parts and the insides of radios, TVs, radar equipment; the list was endless.

If "they" still make the stuff, it just might solve your problem with the sticky buttons.

Back in the old days, you could get it at Radio Shack (sorry) or almost any electronics repair shop.

Might give it a try if you can find it. Good Luck.

MEGAdetail
10-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Thank you everyone for your tips and advice. I'll give them all a try if the steamer doesn't solve my problem.

I also love my steamer and clean Leather all the time with it. Like everyone says you have to keep it moving. Also little tip when you put a towel around the tip make sure the towel is wrapped tight around the end with a rubber band or hair tie cause steam will and can come back at your hand on the trigger.

I'll let you know what Process worked for the buttons and post some before and afters when I get done

Real Riders
10-06-2013, 08:23 PM
You can try spraying Pledge Multi Purpose for electronics on a Microfiber towel or detail brush for the sticky buttons . I wouldn't spray it in the buttons but you could mist the towel/brush with the product and wipe the buttons

sweatthedetails
10-06-2013, 08:23 PM
You could use electrical contractor cleaner for the sticky buttons. Pretty sure they sell it at auto part stores.

Real Riders
10-06-2013, 09:00 PM
You could use electrical contractor cleaner for the sticky buttons. Pretty sure they sell it at auto part stores.
Yes, great idea. I know Electrical Contact cleaner is available at Napa and probably at most auto parts stores

MEGAdetail
10-06-2013, 09:20 PM

Can I spray behind the buttons with this product? The surface of the buttons came clean easy but few of the buttons behind are sticking!