PDA

View Full Version : Swirl removal on white car

lucky417
10-05-2013, 11:13 PM
First time attempting swirl removal. It was on a repainted hood of a crown vic. Went well i thought but i kept losing track of where i had/needed to polish. Should i be taping of? If so what do you do about the paint under the tap? I started using my Mf towel that i was using to wipe of the polish with as a semi guide. Any way i used optimum compound and polish with white and black hexlogic pads respectively. Thanks

530inv
10-06-2013, 12:31 AM
It is pretty hard to see, but I usually just make visual marks that I use on every vehicle. I just stick to the same correction pattern, and if I space out, I can usually look under the inspection light or at an angle to see what area has been hit.

ken tuep
10-06-2013, 03:59 AM
I say do whatever you need to keep on track. Taping is a very good idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Love's Auto
10-06-2013, 04:08 AM
When I buff any car I can clearly see the difference in the area I buffed and the area I didn't. Check your work it shouldn't be hard to see the polished portion.

BillE
10-06-2013, 06:05 AM
A trick I use on 'white' surfaces (like the nose/end cap of an RV) is to just put a small piece of tape on an edge as a marker. That way I know where I've been and (hopefully) where I'm going.

Bill