PDA

View Full Version : TRIX Tar and Iron Remover

MyFirstES300
10-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't remember seeing this before. Is this something new? Has anyone tried it and if you have, I'd like to hear your experiences with it.

I have been using Carpro SnowSoap on my white Nissan because it seems to be the only thing that removes dirt and most importantly bug splatter on my front bumper and back sides of my mirrors. I am considering the purchase of this if it will help me lift the debris off faster during the washing process.

They say to let it dwell for no more than 5 minutes and then rinse off. Thanks for all that reply. -Ed

Rsurfer
10-05-2013, 08:07 PM
I don't remember seeing this before. Is this something new? Has anyone tried it and if you have, I'd like to hear your experiences with it.

I have been using Carpro SnowSoap on my white Nissan because it seems to be the only thing that removes dirt and most importantly bug splatter on my front bumper and back sides of my mirrors. I am considering the purchase of this if it will help me lift the debris off faster during the washing process.

They say to let it dwell for no more than 5 minutes and then rinse off. Thanks for all that reply. -Ed

TRIX is a weaker version of IronX, but with a tar remover. Great for lower panels and wheels that have tar on them. IronX is made to remove ferrous metal and will turn dark purple. IronX or TRIX are not used to remove dirt. CG makes some nice strong citrus soaps.

MyFirstES300
10-05-2013, 08:11 PM
I was actually looking into Mr. Pink. I was hoping to find something to spray on during the washing process to make things faster. Not trying to be lazy here, but I have found washing a white car takes a lot more work since it reveals more than I'd like to see. :(

swanicyouth
10-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Trix will remove wax, and likely weaken sealant FYI

swanicyouth
10-05-2013, 08:13 PM
If you want a great cleaning soap, try Ultima or Citrus Wash and Gloss. Mr Pink: meh.

MyFirstES300
10-05-2013, 08:19 PM
If you want a great cleaning soap, try Ultima or Citrus Wash and Gloss. Mr Pink: meh.

I take it you mean CG Citrus wash was over Mr. Pink? How about CG red wash? I don't care about removing the wax/sealant. I use Meg's Ulitmate spray wax afterward when time is limited.

kaiten408
10-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Mr. Pink will not be strong enough to take off bugs and splatter. It's a good soap for maintenance and with a foam gun.

CG Red Wash is probably going to be my next soap purchase, I don't think it strips (could be wrong about that). Have you tried just pouring a few ounces of APC to your car wash soap? I do that now with Mr. Pink and it helps quite a bit.

MyFirstES300
10-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Mr. Pink will not be strong enough to take off bugs and splatter. It's a good soap for maintenance and with a foam gun.

CG Red Wash is probably going to be my next soap purchase, I don't think it strips (could be wrong about that). Have you tried just pouring a few ounces of APC to your car wash soap? I do that now with Mr. Pink and it helps quite a bit.

I was afraid to do so with Carpro SnowSoap. Perhaps I should try that when I use my Meg's Gold Class shampoo. I didn't think to try that.

stilltipping3
10-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Never thought to mix apc with soap. Will this work in foam gun?

VP Mark
10-06-2013, 07:39 AM

Yep. I do it all the time. A little APC+ combined with cg citrus red is a very effective stripper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

mfrickman
10-06-2013, 07:46 AM

I use it all the time when the car is in bad enough condition. It makes washing that much easier.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online

swanicyouth
10-06-2013, 08:06 AM
I take it you mean CG Citrus wash was over Mr. Pink? How about CG red wash? I don't care about removing the wax/sealant. I use Meg's Ulitmate spray wax afterward when time is limited.

CWG is a better cleaning soap than Mr Pink. Honestly, Mr Pink didn't impress me at anything.

I have a gallon of Citrus Red. You can use that as well. Either or is very good.

kaiten408
10-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Wash smarter, not harder.

I kind of agree with you swanicyouth, Mr. Pink is not as great as CG pitched it, but it does smell great and foams like crazy in my Gilmour. So it does have it's uses, but I'll be getting some citrus washes here very soon.

JSou
10-07-2013, 10:09 AM
What about CG's Bug and Tar HD wash? I'm looking to give it a try.

kaiten408
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
What about CG's Bug and Tar HD wash? I'm looking to give it a try.

I'd like know as well, especially compared to their red Citrus Wash.