PDA

View Full Version : Waffle Weave Towels

Pages : [1] 2

RPM
10-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Is there a fave of Waffle weave drying towels ? I understand the concept , but the ones I have feel rougher than a cob...wont use them on my cars..work to hard to trash them with a drying towel...maybe it crosses boundary thread lines..what is your fave drying towel ?

FUNX650
10-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Is there a fave of Waffle weave drying towels ? I understand the concept , but the ones I have feel rougher than a cob...wont use them on my cars..work to hard to trash them with a drying towel...maybe it crosses boundary thread lines..what is your fave drying towel ?
I prefer a waffle-weave microfiber drying-towel that's:

-70% Polyester/30% Polyamide
-Made in Korea
-Sized: 20"-24" x 36"-40"
-Edgeless; or microfiber edge-trimmed
-Produced in several different hues...For color-coding-coordination.

RE: "That rougher than a cob feel".
Have you tried them when they're wetted---not dry?
Makes a huge difference!!

:)

Bob

silverfox
10-05-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't use any WW for drying. A damp 600 weight MF towel will dry down better than a dry WW towel. Try it sometime. Spritz the damp towel with a drying agent and you will be surprised. A damp MF towel absorbs more water than a dry one.

Challynger
10-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I don't use any WW for drying. A damp 600 weight MF towel will dry down better than a dry WW towel. Try it sometime. Spritz the damp towel with a drying agent and you will be surprised. A damp MF towel absorbs more water than a dry one.

Fox, are there any specific MF towels you could recommend for this technique?

RPM
10-05-2013, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=FUNX725;961020]I prefer a waffle-weave microfiber drying-towel that's:

-Made in Korea

Bob[/QUOT

LoL....yeah wet....I think the towels that I have are Cobra Guzzlers....not sure though , they have quite a drying history in my garage...goldish color with a soft material seam on the edge...at home I have a Metro Vac wall hung that does a remarkable job of displacing water...then its not critical as much for getting rid of water..but when I have a sun on the drive problem I have to head for the paid rent stall for washing...then I need a towel that is really at its best...that is what really promted this post.

PA DETAILER
10-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Sonus Der Wunder Microfiber Drying Towels, waffle weave drying towels, car drying towel (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-drying-towels.html)

i have found the sonus to be the best.

RPM
10-05-2013, 08:13 PM

Drying Agent ?

Lexi65
10-05-2013, 08:27 PM
I prefer a waffle-weave microfiber drying-towel that's:

-Made in Korea

Bob

Does that mean they should be damp when you are blotting
paint dry? Feed back please

RPM
10-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Does that mean they should be damp when you are blotting
paint dry? Feed back please

Generally speaking I moisten any towel...dont want to impair friction of any kind .

Lexi65
10-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Generally speaking I moisten any towel...dont want to impair friction of any kind .

Does everyone damped MF towels to dry paint?
Feed back please

kaiten408
10-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Sonus Der Wunder Microfiber Drying Towels, waffle weave drying towels, car drying towel (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-drying-towels.html)

i have found the sonus to be the best.

I'll double that. The Sonus WW towels are the softest ones I've used. MUCH softer than the Meguiar's version I purchased at Pep Boys.

RPM
10-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Does everyone damped MF towels to dry paint?
Feed back please

actually , I wet and ring by hand..that way ..wet meets wet..if that makes sense.

dc52nv
10-05-2013, 08:43 PM
I start by drying all the windows and plastic first then by the time I start drying the paint it's damp enough for the rest of the vehicle.

FUNX650
10-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Drying Agent ?
I deem this as just older terminology that has trickled-down from the automated car-wash facilities---tunnel & touchless...
in order to fit some of the marketers/marketing promotional needs.

Promotional needs?
That's where "drying-agents" are applied to vehicles' surfaces, through other means than using the: "drying agent arches".

Those "arches" usually spew out quite different drying-agent formulations, say, than those that you're probably,
out of curiously, referencing in your above query.

"Nothing new under the Sun" is a favorite adage of mine.

Bob

FUNX650
10-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Sorry...double post.