PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

leroyj4892
10-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Hello new to all this, I want to detail my car using meguiars m105 and m205. It says I should seal the paint after I'm done. Any suggestions on any of the meguiars products that will do this. Thanks for the help.

Evan.J
10-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Hello new to all this, I want to detail my car using meguiars m105 and m205. It says I should seal the paint after I'm done. Any suggestions on any of the meguiars products that will do this. Thanks for the help.

Meguiars M21 if your looking to stay within the line.

There are many other options as well.

What are you working on?

WHat tools do you have and what are your goals?

hernandez.art13
10-05-2013, 04:16 PM
If you plan on using Meguiar's line. Meguiar's Ultimate Wax is a sealant I believe. Works good and is easy to use.

FUNX650
10-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Before starting to detail your car:
Remember to use the "least aggressive method first" on a "test spot". ~Mike Phillips

Get some Meguiar's Utimate Compound (UC)...
You may "want to use" M105, but it may not even be necessary.

Meguiar's has several excellent Last Step Products (LSP's) to: "seal the paint".
Such as:
-M21 2.0; M26; Gold Class; Ultimate Wax; etc.

Others can be found here:
Meguiars Car Care Products,NXT Generation, Mirror Glaze, Gold Class, Meguiars Professional Detailing Products, meguiars wax (http://www.autogeek.net/allmepr.html)

:)

Bob

ski2
10-05-2013, 04:31 PM
If you plan on using Meguiar's line. Meguiar's Ultimate Wax is a sealant I believe. Works good and is easy to use.

Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax (not really a wax, but a polymer sealant) was a real surprise to me--very easy to apply and remove, fantastic shine with a carnuba look, very slick and after 3 months it was still as slick and had as much shine as the day it was applied.

HateSwirls
10-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I love Griot's Paint Sealant and can be bought at most Advance Auto Parts if your in a hurry or buy some here.
It's easy to apply and remove, it's been lasting me months now.

Meg's NXT is also a wax/Sealant and that I love too, in fact I'll first glaze, apply Groit's and then top in with NXT.
Not only will it give you protection you'll get an amazing shine.

leroyj4892
10-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Meguiars M21 if your looking to stay within the line.

There are many other options as well.

What are you working on?

WHat tools do you have and what are your goals?
It's the wife's 03 Monte Carlo ( black of course ) and I will be using a DA polisher

leroyj4892
10-05-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm working on my wife's 03 Monte Carlo ( black of course ) and I have a DA polisher

Evan.J
10-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Can you take some photos of the condition of the paint?

Did you use a clay bar to remove any above surface contamination?

leroyj4892
10-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Yes I washed and used a clay bar. Don't have any photos but I will try and put then up