PDA

View Full Version : Finish damage on polish aluminum

EdgeSport
10-05-2013, 01:14 PM
ford edge sport.. dealer tried to remove scratches in rims but made everything worse. basically grinded the finish right off.. how can this be repaired? thx
pic attached. you can see the dullness around the edge

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz7/triggers01/damagedrim_zps39ca22eb.jpg

BlackHawk
10-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Make the dealer get you a new rim. Simple as that. There's no reason why you should be left with this.

CRyan
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I would stop by a local body shop and ask. If they are good people, they can give you a local place that can do it if they can't. Polished aluminum generally has a clear coat on top to prevent tarnishing. I am guessing the dealer thought, "hey, it's aluminum, we can just buff that out." Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Back to the dealer. If you asked them to try and they warned you it could get worse, that is one thing. If they did it on their own without you knowledge, then you need to have a discussion with the service manager.

EdgeSport
10-05-2013, 02:45 PM
they told me it would be 90% better.. they said they have another place that fixes them that will cost tehm more money. I am thinking that maybe I should ask for 1200 back and take them somewhere myself..called a few local dealers to see who they use..left msgs for them the places they use... thx