PDA

View Full Version : Clay Bar and Sealant question

kolohe
10-05-2013, 12:13 PM
This is the first time I'm using a clay bar on my truck. Do I need to wash the truck again after I use the clay bar & Mother's instant detailer and before I apply Klasse AIO and Gloss Sealant Glaze?

If I don't have the time to use the clay bar now, in spring when I have more time, will the clay bar remove the AIO and Sealant so I can do the entire process correctly?

Is Mother's instant detailer ok to use to dampen the applicator pad when applying the AIO?

Thanks

Barley
10-05-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm no expert and this is my very first post. But I did the exact same thing is you a couple weeks ago. Here's what I did and it seemed to work well:

Wash
Dry
Clay using the Meguiar's kit
I did not wash again
Klasse AIO using the Meg's Quick Detailer to lubricate the pad
Klasse SG again using the Meg's Quick Detailer to lubricate the pad

Sent from my XT901 using AG Online

jeof1000
10-05-2013, 12:45 PM
In my case i washed my car, clayed and applied the klasse aio and sg. Yes you can use your quick detailer to dampen your applicator. You can also used it in removing the klasse sg if you apply it a bit thick. And yes you gonna removed the sealant when you clay bar again in spring. I hope that helps...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

kolohe
10-05-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm no expert and this is my very first post. But I did the exact same thing is you a couple weeks ago. Here's what I did and it seemed to work well:

Wash
Dry
Clay using the Meguiar's kit
I did not wash again
Klasse AIO using the Meg's Quick Detailer to lubricate the pad
Klasse SG again using the Meg's Quick Detailer to lubricate the pad

Sent from my XT901 using AG Online

Thanks Barley, I'm more confident in how to proceed now. :)

kolohe
10-05-2013, 01:08 PM
In my case i washed my car, clayed and applied the klasse aio and sg. Yes you can use your quick detailer to dampen your applicator. You can also used it in removing the klasse sg if you apply it a bit thick. And yes you gonna removed the sealant when you clay bar again in spring. I hope that helps...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Thanks your answer helps a lot. I didn't even think to use the quick detailer with the ksg if I apply it too thickly.

RPM
10-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah , if you cant clay bar now , at least seal it up and maybe lay a coat of carnuba on top of that for winter..in the spring I would wash it with Dawn dish soap , that will strip it , then clay bar, actually a good concentration of dawn under the clay bar works well too , it will keep it slick and lubricated.