PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber drying without streaks?

Pages : [1] 2

Challynger
10-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I recently made the switch from the Absorber to a Meg's MF drying towel. Keep getting streaks that I have to go back and touch up with QD. I spray a shot of Meg's Ultimate QD on each clean pass of the MF towel, but that hasn't solved the problem. What am I doing wrong? Never had streaks with the Absorber (but switched to reduce chance of scratching).

cleanmycorolla
10-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Did you wash the towel first before use?

greatwhitenorth
10-05-2013, 11:56 AM
I love the Meg's towel but find it only works great when bone dry so I have multiple towels to dry a car

HateSwirls
10-05-2013, 12:18 PM
I never worry about steaks being I use DS afterwards or come right behind with another towel to make sure it's fully dried.
As said if you didn't wash it first then I may be a good idea to do so.

hernandez.art13
10-05-2013, 12:50 PM
I use a spray lubricant after sheet drying my paint. I then use my Chemical Guys wooly mammoth towel to pat dry. Works and leave my car streak free.

I have done this with Poor Boys spray gloss and Pinnacle WW. Both worked great. I am assuming a lot or products will work too.

I have been eyeing the Microfiber Madness Dry Me crazy towel :)

Dry Me crazy :1200g/mē

^ I believe it's higher than the Chemical Guys wooly mammoth towel forgot how much the chemical guys was.

Choop145
10-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I use a spray lubricant after sheet drying my paint. I then use my Chemical Guys wooly mammoth towel to pat dry. Works and leave my car streak free.

I have done this with Poor Boys spray gloss and Pinnacle WW. Both worked great. I am assuming a lot or products will work too.

I have been eyeing the Microfiber Madness Dry Me crazy towel :)

Dry Me crazy :1200g/mē

^ I believe it's higher than the Chemical Guys wooly mammoth towel forgot how much the chemical guys was.

I just ordered one of each:

MF Madness Dry Me Crazy
800 gm Summit
And a Crazy Pile

Looking forward to trying these out. I think my Pepboys drying towel has been the cause of my swirls. Had to put a stop to it.

Challynger
10-05-2013, 02:10 PM
I used without washing and just rung out and kept drying. I'll have to try washing it and only using while it's dry...

Evan.J
10-05-2013, 03:42 PM
As much as I like Megs I find the water magnet is not the greatest drying towel. I had one a few years ago and never really like it.

cleanmycorolla
10-05-2013, 04:37 PM
As much as I like Megs I find the water magnet is not the greatest drying towel. I had one a few years ago and never really like it.

Agreed! However it is great for windows. So I use it for that!

VISITOR
10-05-2013, 04:54 PM
drying with a mf towel will usually leave some droplets behind. i blow as much of as possible (leaf blower, etc.) and then follow up with a mf towel and QD/Spray wax...

hernandez.art13
10-05-2013, 04:55 PM
I just ordered one of each:

MF Madness Dry Me Crazy
800 gm Summit
And a Crazy Pile

Looking forward to trying these out. I think my Pepboys drying towel has been the cause of my swirls. Had to put a stop to it.

I'll probably get it very soon too. Let us know how it works out for you.

Evan.J
10-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Agreed! However it is great for windows. So I use it for that!

Chris I moved to the car pro fast glass towel and they are fantastic.

evo77
10-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Meguiars recommends to wash the towel prior to its first use.

And if I were you I would pick up a bottle of MF detergent such as one from Chemical Guys.

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/chemical-guys-microfiber-wash-microfiber-detergent.html

af90
10-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I like to follow up a drying towel with a medium weight short nap microfiber just to eliminate any water streaks, not to soak up any water.

cleanmycorolla
10-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Chris I moved to the car pro fast glass towel and they are fantastic.

Good call! I use them for my interior glass.

I'm picky about my exterior glass. I use CG Glassworkz Glass cleaner because it adds gloss to the windows. Such an extra nice touch. Hard to describe! So I use the Megs waffle for those windows! But fast glass/KD cloth are phenomenal towels for cars and in the home. We use them for bathroom mirrors all the time. :dblthumb2: