PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to use ONR on fresh paint?

fastfurious23
10-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I had to replace my front bumper on my car and it was painted last week. I will be going on a trip where there are bugs along the way.

I want to remove these bugs as I go and reading the thread ONR is a good product. I have Opti Coat on the rest of the paint's surface except the new bumper.

The instructions from the repair shop on the new paint are this:

DO (first 30 days)
-wash the car by hand with cool water and very mild car wash solution using soft cloth/sponge. Always use fresh water and wash in the shade.

DONT (first 30 days)
-do not use commercial car washer.
-do not "dry wipe" dust or debris from the paint surface, dry wiping can scratch the surface.
-do not drive on gravel roads (chippings occurs easily in first 30 days)
-avoid parking under trees (bird droppings/bug droppings/tree sap have high acid content that will damage paint new and old)
-do not spill gasoline/diesel/oil/antifreeze/transmission or windshieldfluids on new paint
-do not scape ice or snow from fresh paint surface

DONT (first 90 days)
-do not wax or polish the vehicles fresh paint within the first 90 days. This will allow the fresh paint to dry and harden completely.

ponypower5.0
10-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Using ONR on fresh paint shouldn't present any problems at all. You may want to mix some up and have it in a spray bottle also so you can pre-soak the bugs and allow them to soften up for a few minutes to make them easier to remove when you wash them off.

fastfurious23
10-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks ponypower.

I have another question to the forum on a similar issue.

Per the instructions given by the repair shop as I stated in my original post, would applying opti coat to the new bumper be the 30 or 90 day waiting period?

GenesisCoupe
10-14-2013, 10:57 AM
ONR is gentle, go ahead