PDA

View Full Version : Critical Details: 1998 Volvo V70 XC Sandstone Metallic Mint Condition - Opti-Coat Application

CriticalDetails
10-04-2013, 04:18 PM
This mint condition 1998 Volvo V70 XC was recently purchased from Arizona and made the trek to Vermont. The new owner wanted to rejuvenate the Volvo's appearance to a like new condition. Opti-Coat was applied to the paint and Opti-Glass applied to all the windows.

Menzerna Final Finish on a white Lake Country buffing pad was used to remove the light swirl marks and prepare the paint for the Opti-Coat. Prior to Applying Opti-Coat and Opti-Glass the vehicle received two Isopropyl Alcohol wipe downs to ensure no polishing oils remained after the Minor Paint Correction.

Detailing Performed:
Minor Paint Correction
Opti-Coat Application
Opti-Gass Application
Opti-Lens Application
Engine Compartment Detail
Interior Rejuvenation Detail

Auto Detailing VT 05401: 1998 Volvo V70 XC Sandstone Metallic Mint Condition - Opti-Coat Application - YouTube

hernandez.art13
10-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Wow... Love the music. It reminds me of... (well won't get into that) lol

Question: Do you always use actual clay or do you use clay alternatives, at times. (Just wondering)

Also what did you seal the paint with?

Nice beading shots at the end btw.

Art

hernandez.art13
10-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Nvm on the sealant question lol :D

KS_Detailing
10-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Another great detail & video:dblthumb2: The first few seconds of the video with the foliage in the background makes me miss VT in the fall. I lived up in the ADKs for 3 years about 30 min drive from Burlington (I was on the NY side of the lake).

Do you have any video of the interior detail?

CriticalDetails
10-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Wow... Love the music. It reminds me of... (well won't get into that) lol

Question: Do you always use actual clay or do you use clay alternatives, at times. (Just wondering)

Also what did you seal the paint with?

Nice beading shots at the end btw.

Art

Nvm on the sealant question lol :D

Whether I use a clay bar or clay alternative is usually determined by how much contamination is on the paint. If the paint feels like sand paper I will most likely use the prep towel. I have detailed vehicles in the past that have taken hours to decontaminate and ruin the entire clay bar.

I am glad that you liked the water beading at the end.

Another great detail & video:dblthumb2: The first few seconds of the video with the foliage in the background makes me miss VT. I lived up in the ADKs for 3 years about 30 min drive from Burlington (I was on the NY side of the lake).

Do you have any video of the interior detail?

Thank you. The foliage is quite beautiful this time of the year in Vermont. Filming the exterior took longer than expected and I didn't have enough time left on the final day to film the interior as well. I do need to work on filming more interior videos for my YouTube channel though.

I was able to capture a 50/50 picture of the steering wheel being cleaned and film a short video of the dirty hot water extractor water on the Critical Details Instagram.

zmcgovern45
10-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Your videos are fantastic... They just flow so well, and the transitions are flawless. Well done! ... and nice detailing, too :dblthumb2:

Side note: AWESOME FOAMY 1080P ACTION!!!!!! It was even better on my 27" monitor, can't wait to see your next vid.

Chris@AutoCleanse
10-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Great results you achived. Your videos are so damn good and keep you interested all the way to the end. Excellent work as usual. I had to subscribe to your you tube channel, just to watch the ones I missed. Keep them coming. How long did the total detail take? You do any work on the inside?

CriticalDetails
10-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Your videos are fantastic... They just flow so well, and the transitions are flawless. Well done! ... and nice detailing, too :dblthumb2:

Side note: AWESOME FOAMY 1080P ACTION!!!!!! It was even better on my 27" monitor, can't wait to see your next vid.

Thank you very much. A large portion of the time I spend editing a detailing and snowboarding videos goes into matching the video transitions to the musical transitions. I hope to film a few more detailing videos before winter arrives.

I have an Asus 27” LED monitor and absolutely love it for video editing and watching Netflix.

Great results you achived. Your videos are so damn good and keep you interested all the way to the end. Excellent work as usual. I had to subscribe to your you tube channel, just to watch the ones I missed. Keep them coming. How long did the total detail take? You do any work on the inside?

Thank you for subscribing! I try to keep each video transition relatively short and include as many of the detailing steps as the music will allow for. Since detailing has so many steps it is important for me to find music that has numerous musical transitions ranging in length from 10 to 30 seconds.

I spent 25 hours detailing the interior and exterior of the Volvo. The filming and editing process took me roughly 6 hours in total. I performed an Interior Rejuvenation Detail on the final day of the detail and didn’t have enough time to fully document the work.

Interior Rejuvenation Detail

Over time UV damage can dry out interior surfaces causing discoloration and cracking. Interior protectants not only provide protection from the sun but they also provide protection against body oils and skin care lotions helping to prevent interior staining.

Carpet, floor mats, seats and trunk are vacuumed.
Dashboard and interior trim receive a wipe down with a UV protectant.
Interior and exterior glass is cleaned.
Carpet and upholstery will be thoroughly cleaned using a hot water extractor.
Interior trim is thoroughly steam cleaned.
Interior trim is treated using a UV protectant.
Leather will be gently cleaned using PH balanced leather cleaner, followed by leather protectant.