PDA

View Full Version : Moldy polishing pads

2KLS1
06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
I just realized my white LC polishing pads have mold and mildew on them. Is there any thing I can use to get that stuff off. I soaked them overnight in a bucket with some snappy clean solution but it didn't really do much. Can I use something like APC or bleach to kill the mold?

Al-53
06-18-2007, 05:40 PM
The mold will be ok...use a toothbrush to remove as much as you can.....Do not store them in a zip lock bag zipped up.....pads can feel dry on the outside but may still be damp inside...

get a storage bin and store them in that....stack on end....will solve the problem....

Al

Jimmie
06-18-2007, 05:46 PM
The mold will be ok...use a toothbrush to remove as much as you can.....Do not store them in a zip lock bag zipped up.....pads can feel dry on the outside but may still be damp inside...

get a storage bin and store them in that....stack on end....will solve the problem....

Al

:iagree: because I got mold doing the zip lock bag. Don't use bleach. I did that too and it will turn the white pads yellow. What Al said is best.

2KLS1
06-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Cool I'll try a toothbrush. I actually had them in the plastic bags the pads came in, open ended and in a plastic storage container. I knew better than using ziplock bags but I guess I won't use any bags from now on. Thanks for the help.

ScottB
06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
me personally, I would toss them and start fresh. Never store in baggies while damp. Pin them to line in garage, heat of cars dries them quickly.

2KLS1
06-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Are they really ruined? I've heard a couple of times already that the mold is harmless, I should just clean them as best as I can and continue using them.