PDA

View Full Version : Sonax products??

Superman0440
10-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I want to try out the sonax perfect finish since it's on sale does anybody have comments on it

Also any recommendations on their other products

zmcgovern45
10-04-2013, 09:56 AM
SPF is a nice medium polish that finishes very well. It is said to contain some fillers, so it is not being recommended for use directly before applying certain coatings because the polishing residue may not be fully removed with an IPA wipe down.

I like to use it as a one-step polish and have only good things to say about it in that regard. It has a very nice working time, breaks down quickly (so you don't have to work it forever to get it to finish down well), and does not dust when using an appropriate amount of product.

If you're looking to try something new, I'd say go for it.

zerix
10-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Simply put, Sonax Perfect Finish is one of the, if not the best polishes on the market in my opinion.

parttimer
10-04-2013, 10:14 AM
I like it. I did this car with it!

EvolutionDetail
10-04-2013, 10:30 AM
I am unsure if I would ever use PF before.
But I used to be a believer in PF. Since they rated as 4/6 in terms of cut and gloss.

When I used it on my brand new white tacoma truck early this summer to prep it for coating. I was not informed that it had SUPER DURABLE FILLERS.

After I polished my entire truck with PF, wiped down with carpro eraser and gtechniq panel wipe, I coated it with gtechniq c1 and exov2. And it has been 3-4 months now, when I wash the truck, it is still beading and sheeting like crazy, no sign of wearing off or anything. So I am safe to say the coatings did bond properly on the paint.

I honestly don't know if there is fillers or not, because I didn't really test it out or have a panel I can try it on. But I suppose I could do some experiment about it.

But the reason I go for PF is because it doesn't gum up or dust like MOST other compounds. And it gives me enough cut to remove majority of my swirls and what not. I have tried many different compounds, and they all gave me a good amount of dust everywhere, and it is just annoying to me.

Superman0440
10-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Y'all are making me a believer

kaiten408
10-04-2013, 10:46 AM
I've used a lot of their products. The Fine Abrasive Paste and Nano Polish are both great polishes, similar to Perfect Finish.

Polymer Net Shield is an awesome sealant type product (although it has both inorganic & organic components), application is a bit tricky at first but the durability is amazing. Great as a topper for coatings and sealing wheels.

High Speed Wax is nice, decent durability and cleaning ability.

Full Effect wheel cleaner is just plain awesome. Best wheel cleaner i've ever used for tackling german brake dust.

Paint Cleaner (grey bottle) is a nice AIO, leaves a base layer of nuba. This product is really nice for soft paint, doesn't leave any haze/mar.

I hear that Brilliant Shine Detailer compliments Polymer Net Shield perfectly.

zmcgovern45
10-04-2013, 10:57 AM
I am unsure if I would ever use PF before.
But I used to be a believer in PF. Since they rated as 4/6 in terms of cut and gloss.

When I used it on my brand new white tacoma truck early this summer to prep it for coating. I was not informed that it had SUPER DURABLE FILLERS.

After I polished my entire truck with PF, wiped down with carpro eraser and gtechniq panel wipe, I coated it with gtechniq c1 and exov2. And it has been 3-4 months now, when I wash the truck, it is still beading and sheeting like crazy, no sign of wearing off or anything. So I am safe to say the coatings did bond properly on the paint.

I honestly don't know if there is fillers or not, because I didn't really test it out or have a panel I can try it on. But I suppose I could do some experiment about it.

But the reason I go for PF is because it doesn't gum up or dust like MOST other compounds. And it gives me enough cut to remove majority of my swirls and what not. I have tried many different compounds, and they all gave me a good amount of dust everywhere, and it is just annoying to me.

It has been said that if SPF is used prior to coatings, it can reduce the life of said coating... personally - I would not be too worried about it. You did adequate preparation after polishing before the coating was applied. People worry about everything, just monitor it and keep us posted.

Rsurfer
10-04-2013, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=EvolutionDetail;960360]

Doesn't all oil based polishes fill to some degree?

Superman0440
10-04-2013, 01:49 PM
So if sonax pf is 4/6 what's menz 2500??

zmcgovern45
10-04-2013, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=EvolutionDetail;960360]

Doesn't all oil based polishes fill to some degree?

...Yes...

So if sonax pf is 4/6 what's menz 2500??

PF2500 is quite similar in terms of cutting ability IMO

pcw25
10-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I love Polymer Netshield! The beading is on par with that of a coating. Try that before anything else.

zmcgovern45
10-04-2013, 06:29 PM
SPNS is definitely great... I am also quite fond of their Brilliant Shine detailer. It very well might replace V7 in my arsenal.

I will say that while SPNS is very good, it attracts more dirt and dust than a coating. I have my entire vehicle coated in 22ple VX1 pro, and I applied SPNS to the left half of my car on top the coating. While the SPNS beaded a little better (coating is 1 year old at this point), the left side stayed considerably cleaner over the course of 2 weeks.

Kaban
10-04-2013, 08:39 PM
With the right technique and pad combo SPF can finish out the softest, nastiest, sticky Jet Black paint very nicely. It's a great polish. Little goes a long way.