PDA

View Full Version : Lexol 3 in 1 leaving leather sticky?

greycar
10-03-2013, 05:41 PM
I have been using Lexol 3 in 1 leather care and noticed it leaves the leather feeling sticky. I'm not that impressed with this product so far. Either I put too much of it on the leather (I don't believe so because I noticed this more than once) or it really leaves a sticky residue. Anybody else notice this? Any suggestions on other leather cleaning products that you guys/gals use that you like and recommend.
I will say I like that the Lexol was an all in one cleaner/conditioner and would like to stick to an all in one product (probably not the best method but easy and quick for me). Thanks in advance.

pickles
10-03-2013, 06:01 PM
I have this product and yes I does leave it kinda sticky.I just used a damp microfiber to wipe the seats down after. I too prefer all in ones. The two I love to use are CG's Liquid leather cleaner/conditioner and pinnacle brand leather cleaner/conditioner. I like this this consistency of the pinnacle but I prefer the leather smell of the CG.

stilltipping3
10-04-2013, 07:24 AM
SMARTLEATHER is awesome. Its a cleaner conditioner that smells great!!!

greycar
10-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I will have to check out some of those products.

mwoolfso
10-05-2013, 04:44 PM
If it is sticky then you are likely using too much product. One towel applies the product and use another clean towel to remove it. At this point I would use a lightly damp MF towel and go over the leather and pick up all that residue.

Rsurfer
10-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Try Optimum Leather Protectant, cleans and protects.

FUNX650
10-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Product description says that's not supposed to happen!

What 'type' of leather are you using it on?
Believe it or not...
Some leathers will not allow "conditioners and special oils" (like lanolin) to penetrate their outer-most layer of molecules.

Just trying to diagnose...sight unseen and felt.

:)

Bob

greycar
10-06-2013, 01:23 AM
It's a 2013 Honda Accord with gray leather. Yes I suppose it is possible I'm using too much product, but this is not the first time Lexol has left the leather some what sticky. It almost seems to leave a residue on top.

FUNX650
10-06-2013, 10:43 AM
It's a 2013 Honda Accord with gray leather.
Unless the gray leather was a "special order"...
I'd say this is: "coated leather".

Keeping it clean is actually the most important thing to do.
And...From what I said earlier:
Stay away from leather "conditioners"...but do apply a protectant.

Bob

greycar
10-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Any suggestions on a good leather protectant? Lots of choices out there? Actually how about poorboys natural look? I have a bottle of that lying around or is there something better.

FUNX650
10-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Any suggestions on a good leather protectant? Lots of choices out there? Actually how about poorboys natural look? I have a bottle of that lying around or is there something better.
I personally use and like this kit for either aniline or coated leathers:

Leather Master Car Leather Protection & Cleaner Kit, Leather Master Ink Away Ink Remover, ink lifter, leather cleaner, leather protection (http://www.autogeek.net/leather-master-kit-ink-away.html)

Bob

greycar
10-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.