PDA

View Full Version : Updates on my life and dental school!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ihaveacamaro
10-02-2013, 09:29 PM
What's up guys! It feels like it's been forever since I've been on this forum... actually I think it has been forever lol.

I hope everyone has been doing great :)

I got some good news and updates on my life: I successfully moved to Ft. Lauderdale and started dental school!

Life has been hectic, but it has been fun and getting to meet new people as well as explore a whole new region of the state has been amazing. Although, after being here for two months, I can say that South Florida isn't really Florida. It's more like North Cuba... that's under US government. (<--Which btw shut down yesterday, what's up with that??)

I moved from a house in Gainesville to a condo down here, so unfortunately, my car is now always parked next to others... can you say door dings galore?

And I hate to say it, but I've been a really bad detailer. I've used my car for transporting my life and didn't even get to wash it afterwards :( Check out the picture below!

http://www.howtodetailmycar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Moving-3-1024x768.jpg

Sadly, school is consuming all my time (I'm taking a non-optional 39 credits this semester!) and I don't even know the next time I'll be able to clean my car.

However, I'm told that because our dental school does this weird thing where all the students take the first part of the National Dental Boards Exam after the first year instead of after the second year, like most other dental schools in the country, that the second year and after get much much easier. So that's something positive to look forward to :)

In youtube news, I broke 200,000 video views which is very exciting! And I finally reached another goal which was hitting 30,000 views in one month!

As far as making more videos, that won't be for at least another month unfortunately. Just not enough time. I do have two reviews on products that I will be doing as soon as I get the chance -- one on brown royal and the other on an air freshener.

But, come december, I'm going to see if I can make a whole series on doing a full detail from beginning to end. I imagine that will be close to 20 videos so that is something I am looking forward to doing and planning already :props:

If you got this far, thanks for reading! I hope I didn't bore you and I hope life for you guys is going as well as you could wish Im the MAN

Regards,
Roshan

Oh and here is a shot of me getting my white coat!

http://www.howtodetailmycar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/White-Coat-1024x982.jpg

davey g-force
10-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Good to see you back here again Roshan! :xyxthumbs:

I don't get on here all that much myself, but I remember a few months ago, your threads were everywhere!

Glad to see life is going well for you anyway...

Evan.J
10-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Good to see your doing well and going after something you love!

I hate dentists!

Glad all is well for you and your life. Don't stress too much on your car while they mean a lot to us you have much bigger things going on for you. Looking forward to more classic videos from Roshan or ihaveacamero on the forums! Keep up all the good work!

Evan

hernandez.art13
10-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Not going to lie, i've been checking youtube if new videos from you have propped up. I always enjoy them.

Well at least your putting your car to use. I have to park mine on college campus daily. So I know what you mean.

Also glad all is going well. It would be cool when your Dr. Ihaveacamaro or Dr. Roshan on The Forums, if that's your goal in the end.

Either way a have great and successful journey :xyxthumbs:

Art

spiralout462
10-02-2013, 10:01 PM
39 CREDITS!! Holy Moly! Good luck with the education! It will be well worth it. I'm looking foward to the "complete detail video series" this winter.

Dr_Pain
10-02-2013, 10:24 PM
LOL..... I remember and don't miss those days. I am glad you still have a nice big smile on your face. Glad to see you on the forum, Roshan!

Good luck and know that I do offer a prayer for you and all my other fellow geekers!

EWtheDETAILER
10-02-2013, 10:26 PM
I thought 20 credits for one semester was rough! I know the feeling of all school and no detailing! Then its the decisions to detail some one else's car for some $$ or detail your own! Keep grinding through school and thinkin about the cars the dental money will buy!

custmsprty
10-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Cool, congrats and keep up the studies. Now that your in Lauderdale you can hit up the spring Detail Fest at AG!

BillyJack
10-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Nice to hear from you, Roshan!
Deailing may be a passion, but dentistry will likely be your lifelong career, so keep your priorities in line. With your skills, I have no doubt you'll get your little Bowtie back into shape when time allows.

Best of luck

Bill

Chris's FX4
10-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Nice to hear from you man. Glad to hear things are going well for you. I know how you feel about not being to able detail your car. It sucks right?

Keep up the hard work. It will pay off.:dblthumb2:

ferret1980
10-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the real Florida! LoL R u going to BCC?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

01GreyStangGT
10-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Keep it up! I went through chiropractic school and tried to keep my car detailed well, but it was impossible at times with my course load.

39 hours?! The most I did was 25. That was mandated to be full-time in the doctor program. You will look back and think that this was one of the most intense rewarding times I your life.

silverfox
10-03-2013, 05:06 AM
And then after you get done with all that you get to go to real school...The school of life.

Have fun. Don't look back !

BillE
10-03-2013, 05:58 AM
Good to hear from ya.

I must say that is A LOT of hours, but in the end it truly will be worth it.

Best to you...

Bill

runrun411
10-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Roshan,

Good to here from you. We here on the forum miss your reviews and videos. I know you'll knock 'em dead with your wit. Much luck and I know you'll have great success.