PDA

View Full Version : Airfreshners - Does Anyone Really Use Them?

Pages : [1] 2

Bates Detailing
10-02-2013, 05:42 PM
I was asked by an employee today why we don't offer air-fresheners for autos. My response was because when we are done steaming, cleaning, and protecting the car smells great and there is no need for air-fresheners. Then I started wondering, is this something that anyone here offers and has made good mula offering?

cleanmycorolla
10-02-2013, 06:03 PM
For my personal car I always us CG scents, various ones! I enjoy a fresh or fruit smell! If I do someone else's car I'll ask them if they want some air fresheners and if so I'll let them choose from what I have. :). It couldn't hurt, nice extra little touch to a detail!

dad07
10-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't offer it Anthony....like you I feel they smell great when I'm done.

I do however use CG Stripper scent on a few vehicals just because the client really likes it.( As I do )

tswitz
10-02-2013, 06:28 PM

I do however use CG Stripper scent on a few vehicals just because the client really likes it.( As I do )
I love the CG Stripper scent as well - as well as my 20 yr old son. I think he likes the name as much as the smell! Definitely could get you in trouble with the Mrs if she doesn't know you use it. Just wish it's sillage was longer lasting.

Bates Detailing
10-02-2013, 07:06 PM
For my personal car I always us CG scents, various ones! I enjoy a fresh or fruit smell! If I do someone else's car I'll ask them if they want some air fresheners and if so I'll let them choose from what I have. :). It couldn't hurt, nice extra little touch to a detail!

True - I may need add it to the new packages :xyxthumbs:

The only reason I never cared for most CG stuff is cause I felt it may offend a female client...... their products are great, but they seem to advertise more for the male. Id love to check out the scent for sure though!

goodinblack
10-02-2013, 07:09 PM
They should add a Male Stripper Scent too. Lol

Bates Detailing
10-02-2013, 07:21 PM
They should add a Male Stripper Scent too. Lol

Lol - Id buy one of each and pull out the appropriate one per client! May get in a pickle when the client's spouse comes out though lol :/

olenderc
10-02-2013, 07:37 PM
I hope this isn't hijacking your thread but along the lines of scents, has anyone had any experience with long lasting scents? I typically will put a new "black ice" tree air freshener when I detail my interior. This however, doesn't last much more than a week, is there any good smelling, longer last scents, sprays, etc?

hernandez.art13
10-02-2013, 07:56 PM
I hope this isn't hijacking your thread but along the lines of scents, has anyone had any experience with long lasting scents? I typically will put a new "black ice" tree air freshener when I detail my interior. This however, doesn't last much more than a week, is there any good smelling, longer last scents, sprays, etc?

Yeah I use that one too, but like you said it doesn't last very long. I'd like to hear what others have to say.

wrb_subie
10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
I enjoy air spencers (squash)

ihaveacamaro
10-02-2013, 08:57 PM

I think I may have finally come to my product of choice after testing various air fresheners for about a year and a half.... lasts about a month, smells great, non-intrusive, but a bit pricey. And it's actually not designed for cars...

However, I'm not ready to spill the beans just yet. Still got a few things I'm testing.

In any case, CG (Chemical Guys) scents are garbage. They don't last more than 2 to 3 days.

olenderc
10-02-2013, 08:58 PM
I enjoy air spencers (squash)

What would you characterize the squash smell like?

HateSwirls
10-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Nah, I prefer removimg the odor instead of trying to hide it.
Years ago I did use the pine tree scent, looking back it was tacky. Lol

goodinblack
10-02-2013, 11:02 PM
In any case, CG (Chemical Guys) scents are garbage. They don't last more than 2 to 3 days.

Less than that for me :(

wrb_subie
10-02-2013, 11:21 PM
What would you characterize the squash smell like?

Kind if hard to say..I've had people say it smells like gum...I suppose I can see that but hands down my favorite...only downfall is they are 8-10 a piece and they are strong for a few weeks but die off fast...I started to wrap it to preserve and unwrap more when it dies off..this way I'm good for 2 months or so of it...