PDA

View Full Version : freebie orange pads

richy
06-18-2007, 08:57 AM
I received a few freebie orange pads with my latest AG order. I'm not clear with what product/stage these should be used for. They feel pretty stiff..are they a candidate for SIP or can they be used with a milder polish too?

coupe
06-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Any pad can be used with any product. You need to make the right choice on what will work and what is appropriate for what your trying to do.

richy
06-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Any pad can be used with any product. You need to make the right choice on what will work and what is appropriate for what your trying to do.
Believe me, I understand that..I am not sure where the fit in with the lcc pads that I have.. I have orange, white, blue and gray. I just need to know where they fit in with that line..thanks!

Gnarboots11
06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
My understanding is that they are the same as the orange LC pad. I used one of the freebie orange pads this past weekend with some XMT #3 on a pretty beat up white Accord. It seemed to be the best combo for me. I actually liked using those freebie low profile pads more than the LC CCS pads that I have. The large pads just seem to soak up a ton of product, hated them.

trlblazer3
06-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Not sure if this will help with your question-
Yellow -Cutting pad -use on heavily oxidized/damaged paint. Very aggressive.
Orange -Light cutting pad -use for intermediate swirl/defect removal
White -Polishing pad -use for polishing/jeweling to high gloss
Gray -Finishing pad -use for glazes/sealants/waxes -no cut
Blue -Finessing pad -use for glazes/sealants/waxes -no cut

You can use the orange pad with a swirl remover and go straight to LSP most of the time. It really depends on the polish and how much micro-marring/hazing you get from the orange pad. I would always recommend starting with a white pad and polish of choice, then move up to orange if it doesn't do the trick. Play around with different polish/pad combos to find out which one works the best with your technique.

Grimm
06-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Are these the low profile ones that came with the Menzerna polishes? I've been using them with SIP on my PC with great results removing swirls and moderate scratches. I'm using it on the red car in my sig currently, and it really looks to finish down well enough to go straight to lsp, but I'm still going to use the Micro Polish first.

Gnarboots11
06-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Are these the low profile ones that came with the Menzerna polishes? I've been using them with SIP on my PC with great results removing swirls and moderate scratches. I'm using it on the red car in my sig currently, and it really looks to finish down well enough to go straight to lsp, but I'm still going to use the Micro Polish first.

I really like those low profile ones. I am not an expert or anything, in fact I have only used the PC once. But what I noticed right away are the low profile smaller pads are easier to work the product and dont soak up so much like the bigger LC CCS pads I have. In fact, I hated the LC CCS pads. I hate those dimples they have, they just seem to hold all the polish and I cant get any on the paint, and if I press down with any sort of pressure to try and get some polish out of those dimples they stop spinning.

richy
06-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Yup..I just wasn't sure if the colour orange corresponded with the lcc pads in terms of colour vs. cut. It seems that it is the same as the orange lcc by the replies.

Djstorm100
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
so how do you get out hazing? use the same product again but use it on a white pad?

A1monky
06-18-2007, 07:33 PM
The Orange pad is the same as the LC Orange and the same is true for the White 5.5in pad. I like using these better for light cutting and polishing. My LC White pads fly off after 2 seconds of speed 6. Yes, the white should get out haze. But I have to use the gray pad (soft clear).

Grimm
06-18-2007, 08:27 PM
As said, the orange are light cutting, but being they are smaller they are actually a little better at correction. They work a lot better than the old 6.5" flat LC orange pads I have.

trlblazer3
06-18-2007, 09:36 PM
To those who are picking up the UDM the 6.5 inch pads have much more correcting ability than compared with the PC. I almost always had to use the 5.5's to get decent correcting, but not so with the UDM. They don't bog down like they do with the PC.