PDA

View Full Version : CCS or Eagle pads

Pages : [1] 2

Djstorm100
06-18-2007, 03:40 AM
about to pick up my first kit and I was looking around at products I like the idea of the quick disconnect that egale has, But my question is are they built to last around the same?

Could they work with a porter or only rotary

BILL
06-18-2007, 07:50 AM
about to pick up my first kit and I was looking around at products I like the idea of the quick disconnect that egale has, But my question is are they built to last around the same?

Could they work with a porter or only rotary

Not sure about what pads your thinking about:confused:
these????

The Edge 2000 8 Inch DuraFoam Polishing Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/edge20008pads.html)

if so??? i have them about a year and only use them on my rotary, i use the velro's on my .PC.

Djstorm100
06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
yea the 2k pads by egale, I like the idea of the quick disconnect and always being center and the idea of being able to use both sides of the pad

Ivan Rajic
06-18-2007, 12:55 PM
storm, they're called edge pads, not eagle

They're both fine and both systems work well, so if you really can't decide, order one, and if you like it stick to it, or just try both at once...

Jimmie
06-18-2007, 01:08 PM
The Edge pads work with both the PC and the rotary. One of the plus' is the Edge pads can be flipped (2 in 1) but longevity compared to the CCS pads, don't know.

Djstorm100
06-18-2007, 01:49 PM
haha wow I don't know how I got eagle out of edge... pulled a all night guess that has something to do with it

Ivan Rajic
06-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I would suggest velcro pads and backing plates for PC because I've heard the edge system connector blows up very fast on the PC, and the guy from edge recommends minimal use even on speed 5... so unless you plan on using the PC on speed 4-5 for just minimal polishing/finishing, I'd go with LC pads

supercharged
06-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I would suggest velcro pads and backing plates for PC because I've heard the edge system connector blows up very fast on the PC, and the guy from edge recommends minimal use even on speed 5... so unless you plan on using the PC on speed 4-5 for just minimal polishing/finishing, I'd go with LC pads
I used my Edge 2000 pads at speed 6, did a whole car (Nissan 350Z) without any issues. I was removing rotary buffer swirls. Before that I tried working with Lake Counrty pads at speed 6, and my backing plate literally melted. That's why I gave up on Lake Country pads.

Edge 2000 pads rock!!!:righton:

budman3
06-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I used my Edge 2000 pads at speed 6, did a whole car (Nissan 350Z) without any issues. I was removing rotary buffer swirls. Before that I tried working with Lake Counrty pads at speed 6, and my backing plate literally melted. That's why I gave up on Lake Country pads.

Edge 2000 pads rock!!!:righton:

What backing plate was it. Kind of weird to blame the pads when it seems like the backing plate is at fault. I have nothing but great luck with LC pads and backing plates.

The Edge
06-18-2007, 04:12 PM

I am sorry but that is completely FALSE. The Edge system is very durable and can be used at all speeds. We only recommend not going above 5 because with our system and pads higher speeds are not needed and cause extra wear and tear on the pads, machine, and operator. In fact our system is so strong and durable that we actually guarantee the adapter for LIFE! I doubt you will get that kind of deal on velcro and backing plates. In fact and as the last poster attested to, I guarantee that the backing plate will eventually fail and you will need to buy another. Just hope that does not happen at speed 6 and you end up damaging the car too.

orngez
06-18-2007, 04:14 PM
i have both pad systems and find them both to be great...they both have there advantages and disadvantages...so in the end just go with whatever tickles your fancy

BILL
06-18-2007, 05:18 PM

Thats why i went with the L.C. velcros....:)

Ivan Rajic
06-19-2007, 01:45 AM
I am sorry but that is completely FALSE. The Edge system is very durable and can be used at all speeds. We only recommend not going above 5 because with our system and pads higher speeds are not needed and cause extra wear and tear on the pads, machine, and operator. In fact our system is so strong and durable that we actually guarantee the adapter for LIFE! I doubt you will get that kind of deal on velcro and backing plates. In fact and as the last poster attested to, I guarantee that the backing plate will eventually fail and you will need to buy another. Just hope that does not happen at speed 6 and you end up damaging the car too.

I'm honestly not here to bash your system... I haven't even tried it yet to be honest AND I do actually want to buy it asap for the rotary. I don't want to buy it because I hate the velcro system and LC pads, and I don't want to buy it because I've heard great things about it... it's simply because it's another great system, with apparently easier/faster pad switching, and in it's own way makes sense.

I said what I said after hearing a HUGE amount of people post exactly what I said... with the PC, the adapters are much more likely to "crack" than with the rotary... one person, a well known and respected detailer on that site (autopia) mentioned how great your service is with the lifetime warranty, since his adapter fell apart a few times within 1-2 month period... well all the adapters you sent him back fell apart... his solution was buying 2-3 so he can always have some... this customer service is great, but it's only as great as CMA's warranty on their LC pads, which lose their backing velcro after a wash, MAYBE 2... so I would need to order 5 pads/adapters, and have them replaced every few weeks/details while I use the extra I ordered...

Again, speaking from personal experience and experience from other well respected detailers on the boards... I'll be purchasing your system for my rotary like I said above, but won't mess with it on the PC

Back on topic somewhat, I have had experience with my PC making the backing plate very hot every time I do a detail, especially when it's hot outside, and sometimes even taking some of the velcro of the pad backing because it melts I assume... I think I read somewhere there's a fix for this by including a small adapter that's fem/male between the PC and the backing plate, to reduce the heat build-up... Some guy on autopia even burned his whole pad up and melted the backing plate so it deformed like skin underwater after half an hour...

OP, the choice is yours to make... I personally love the backing plates with LC pads, and will be buying/making the adapter for the PC so it lowers the heat going to the backing plate a bit... I have also heard great things about eagle :D and can't wait to try the system on my rotary, hopefully very soon.

The Edge
06-19-2007, 02:16 AM
"No worries mate", as I am currently in Australia at an auto trade show. I did not think you were here to bash the product its just when people spread misinformation such as " I don't recommend the system for anything but light polishing" I need to respond. Just as I need to also correct your statement about adapters "cracking " Never has an adapter "cracked". Its solid machine brass. The issues the guy you were referring to had were with the balls falling out. It is a very rare and unusual problem but since we warrenty the adapter for life its really not an issue. We are working with that customer to try and identify why he seems to have trouble where others do not.

Surfer
06-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Thats why i went with the L.C. velcros....:)Till the pad seperates and the PC gauges your paint......:D