PDA

View Full Version : LIGHT swirls from dealer prep?

nodule
10-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi,

Can VERY light swirls/spider webbing from sloppy new car dealer prep always be successfully removed by an experienced detailer?

Is it close to 100% likely they can ALL be removed?

My new 2013 Honda Civic has them, but they are VERY light and minor and only noticeable
in brilliant sunshine, but I really want to get the paint near perfect starting out and then
I can maintain the paint properly.

Any skilled, experienced detailers in the central NJ area?

Thanks!
Mike

zmcgovern45
10-01-2013, 02:56 PM
YES - there is a 99&#37; chance (<- made up, but probably true statistic) that your dealership left your vehicle in worse shape than when the received it. Dealership "detailers" are usually not properly trained when it comes to using a machine to polish the paint and often use dirty, old pads and products that actually create swirls rather than remove them.

An experienced detailer, or even complete beginner, will be able to remove these with the proper DA machine and professional grade products.

See my response to your first thread Mike.

nodule
10-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks Zach,
I was just looking at your website, you surely have a passion for what you
do and are exactly the type of person I am. Its too bad im not in Peoria.

zmcgovern45
10-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks Zach,
I was just looking at your website, you surely have a passion for what you
do and are exactly the type of person I am. Its too bad im not in Peoria.

Thanks for checking out the site :) Lucky for you, there are most likely many other members and professionals in your particular area (or nearby at least) that are way more experienced than me and can help you out. :dblthumb2:

Christopher.Brown
10-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Nodule

If i were you, anytime i went into a dealership with the car for anything I would tape a sign to driver and passenger side that say in 48pt font..

DO NOT WASH VEHICLE...

as zach said... dealerships are NOTORIOUSLY incompetent in dealing with paint and if i were buying a car i would test drive one then wait for a BRAND New one with the plastic wrap on it and drive it home that way.... [then proceed to immediately put a permanent coating, followed by a sealant, and a spray wax over it]

wanna keep that clear coat as perfect as you can for as long as you can

whatever you do, DONT take it back for them to fix.....

Eric@CherryOnTop
10-01-2013, 05:26 PM
You should have no problem getting those out. Off the top of my head, there is Signature Detailing and Detailers Domain, both in New Jersey and both of whom do quality work. I'm about an hour north of NYC and would be willing to help if you want to make the drive.

-Eric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

nodule
10-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Chris Brown,
I absolutely agree! The so called "detailers" at most Honda dealers are
lazy high school seniors with sagging pants and illegal aliens. They could
care less!
Luckily, other than the light minor swirls marks, the paints looks close to perfect, so a professional detail and light machine polish, should get me to brand new look again.