PDA

View Full Version : Help with Outlook Express

richy
06-17-2007, 11:50 PM
It seems that my OE has recently started to block access to video files that have been sent to me by trusted friends. I have played with it but can't figure out how to remove this nanny feature so I can enjoy these attachments. Any help would be appreciated.

dengood1
06-18-2007, 09:11 AM
It seems that my OE has recently started to block access to video files that have been sent to me by trusted friends. I have played with it but can't figure out how to remove this nanny feature so I can enjoy these attachments. Any help would be appreciated.

Richy, open Outlook Express, click on tools, options, click on the "security" tab, and uncheck where it says "block attachments that may be potentially dangerous".

This should work for you:cheers:

richy
06-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Richy, open Outlook Express, click on tools, options, click on the "security" tab, and uncheck where it says "block attachments that may be potentially dangerous".

This should work for you:cheers:

Thanks bud!!:righton:

Racin10s
06-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Delete it and download Thunderbird by Mozilla. Very secure...

dengood1
06-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Thunderbird is a very good email program;)

richy
06-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Delete it and download Thunderbird by Mozilla. Very secure...
Can I save all my emails I already have if I do that? Sorry for the newb question.

dengood1
06-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Can I save all my emails I already have if I do that? Sorry for the newb question.

EDIT: Click on tools, address book, tools, import.......then you can select to import your messages, contacts, etc.

Racin10s
06-19-2007, 05:12 PM

Absolutely yes. It will also copy all of your contacts over as well as your server info. Nothing could be easier.