PDA

View Full Version : Advice

tkarns24
10-01-2013, 08:48 AM
guys, six months ago I did a full detail on my black truck , I applied opticoat and then waxed.
I live in florida now so i would like to keep it looking nice. These are the questions i have about doing that.

What is the best product that I can use the remove dead bugs from my chrome grill and black bumper where the bugs just fall off with out having to take a soft brush to the area.
can I glaze on top of a wax, or should I remove the wax glaze and then wax over. What is product is best recommend . I have already polished the car and there are no swirl marks
What is the best product or the most recommended product for a wet tire shine and look that

Hey gusy if i have this in the wrong place please let me know i will move it.

Evan.J
10-01-2013, 09:06 AM
guys, six months ago I did a full detail on my black truck , I applied opticoat and then waxed.

I hope you let the OC cure for 24 hours before applying a wax. Secondly no wax will bond to OC but you can still apply it if you want.

I live in florida now so i would like to keep it looking nice. These are the questions i have about doing that.

What is the best product that I can use the remove dead bugs from my chrome grill and black bumper where the bugs just fall off with out having to take a soft brush to the area. You can always pretreat the area with a bug and tar remover and that will help. You still might have you use a mitt to remove anything else.
can I glaze on top of a wax, or should I remove the wax glaze and then wax over. What is product is best recommend . I have already polished the car and there are no swirl marks If you have applied OC then no need for either one as then will do nothing for the car.
What is the best product or the most recommended product for a wet tire shine and look that. I like Opti-bond tire gel and Megs Hyper dressing

All answers are in red

zmcgovern45
10-01-2013, 09:23 AM
^What he said :)

1) Use a bug and tar remover like "CG Bug Bugger & Tar Remover" to pretreat the areas, then the bug splatter should wipe away easily.

2) If you applied the wax 6 months ago, and it is on top of OC2.0, you no longer have any wax on the surface... even if you applied wax on a non-coated surface, you would most likely not have any wax left lol... As mentioned, you can apply almost anything on top of OC2.0, but traditional waxes simply will not stick or bond to the coating and will therefore only last a very short time.

3) Another vote for Opti-Bond Tire Gel... I have also heard great things about CarPro PERL

kb2ehj
10-01-2013, 09:54 AM

What is the best product that I can use the remove dead bugs from my chrome grill and black bumper where the bugs just fall off with out having to take a soft brush to the area.

I like Poor Boy's Bug Squash.....it's 'cheap", a gallon goes a LONG way and it does what it says it does.

can I glaze on top of a wax, or should I remove the wax glaze and then wax over. What is product is best recommend . I have already polished the car and there are no swirl marks

If you properly wash you vehicle, you should need to glaze the vehicle because there will be no imperfections that will need to be covered up.

What is the best product or the most recommended product for a wet tire shine and look that

Not but of a 'wet' look myself, but again I like Poor Boy's Bold n Bright. it gives, me at least, a nice dark black that again for me lasts a several weeks.
z

tkarns24
10-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys preciate the response . i will try some of those products