PDA

View Full Version : this scared me ...

Pages : [1] 2

Paul Lonergan
10-01-2013, 06:40 AM
I politely left a comment on this gentlemans youtube page after watching this clip ...

Car Buffing DIY How To Buff A Car Restore a Cars Paint Detail Tips Part #2 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/zWw-EIVYVjA)

i recommended he come past and check out the video section to help with his technique.
i feel bad that i was actually laughing ... we all started somewhere i suppose.

thank god for Mike!

Bates Detailing
10-01-2013, 07:43 AM
When I have a client ask me about the holograms that the last guy induced - I explain to them that they honestly probably didn't know any better. Another case of lack of knowledge (I hope lol).

Eric@CherryOnTop
10-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! I had to comment on that too, I don't know if I've ever seen such poor technique. Then again if you look at the surroundings, appears to be your stereotypical sleazy used car lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Eric@CherryOnTop
10-01-2013, 07:46 AM
When I have a client ask me about the holograms that the last guy induced - I explain to them that they honestly probably didn't know any better. Another case of lack of knowledge (I hope lol).

I think I might actually keep this video around so when people ask me why their car looks like it does I can show them no holds barred.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Evan.J
10-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Judging by his comments he thinks that what he does is right so the chances of him changing are slim.

Paul Lonergan
10-01-2013, 08:00 AM
i personally thought he should use more polish & compound

Darion
10-01-2013, 09:14 AM
I watched like a minute of that. I just love the way he rolls the buffer around, pad on the ground flopping it back and forth. No worries though, he cleans it with a screwdriver or something before starting to work, all I needed to see.

Paul Lonergan
10-01-2013, 09:17 AM
oh theres many more magic moments in there ... treat yourself.

start @ 14mins 20 secs for some finer details on cleaner polishes
according to the annotations its a 12 - 20 hour job.

I watched like a minute of that. I just love the way he rolls the buffer around, pad on the ground flopping it back and forth. No worries though, he cleans it with a screwdriver or something before starting to work, all I needed to see.

Misterpaul
10-01-2013, 09:21 AM
I watched that then this one which was in the window to the side.
Fixing Faded Car Paint - YouTube (http://youtu.be/f0ubMCseM1c)
Yikes!!! :nomore:

DavisBladeWorks
10-01-2013, 10:13 AM
He goes through a Dewalt rotary every 28 days? Seems very specific, lol.

He thinks he's just wearing them out...I'd venture to say that he's using them with an extension cord that isn't the correct gauge and he's burning them up.

allenk4
10-01-2013, 12:21 PM
"The Buffing Butcher of YouTube"

goodinblack
10-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Halloween is around the corner. :eek:

zmcgovern45
10-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I commented on that video a while ago... he basically just told me I was an idiot and that "pads are easy to clean" and that I was inferior to him because he had so many views on his YouTube channel... which obviously means he is doing it right.

I then tried to post a "video reply" with one of my videos using the Rupes machine and he did not approve it... wonder why!

cplchris
10-01-2013, 01:47 PM
i saw this video a while ago, this is sadly the midset of most "prep detailers" at a dealership, i worked at one where the guy thought 3m trizact finishing polish sucked because it didnt remove scrathes, i pointed out on the bottle that it says it is meant to remove 3000 grit sanding haze, not severe swirls/scratches, he also used wheel brightener undiluted on everything, ruined a lot of bare aluminum wheels with it too and said that it was because the wheels were "fake chrome" and it wasn't his fault, the interior got a heavy application of silicone based tire dressing and it was very gooey, not to mention all the sling on the body from the tires, all of his products were stored with no caps, wax formed mold in it, and the rags he used could very well have been carrying the bubonic plague....but he was a "pro"

BillE
10-02-2013, 07:24 AM
After seeing the 'pad down' in the first few moments...that was enough of wasting my time.

From everyone comments, I can see my quick judgment was correct.

Geeze...

Bill