PDA

View Full Version : My New Ride.. detailing help

Sqweak
06-17-2007, 09:50 PM
As of yesterday i'm a new owner of a 2004 Acura TL... its black and has swirls everywhere i will try to have some pics by tomm.. but i have some quick questions.. i want this thing to look like glass so what steps should i take... also have removed a moonroof visor which left some marks and also some vent shades that left marks also. what can i use to help remove the marks. also is there anything that will work on bird poop stains it has about 3 on the hood and i hate its... please let me know what steps to take for this thing to look like glass, and what is the best products for the job...

thanks
Sqweak

Dust2Glory
06-17-2007, 10:08 PM
from what i have read.. menzerna is the best at compound and polishes. then move into xmt 360, liquid souveran and wolfgang deep gloss sealant. what kind of tools and chemicals do you have now?

Sqweak
06-18-2007, 12:12 AM
thats cool what steps would i take with the product.. i have a Porter Cable and some poor boys but so far i'm not really to happy with poor boys.. if i decided to do what you said to try what are the steps...

devst8
06-18-2007, 06:25 AM
I suggest the XMT line-up; I had great results with those for correction and those products are oriented for the PC, and they are very affordable. For sealant I would go with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant since you have a black car, and then would top it with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. If you have flakes then I would go with Pinnacle SSII paste

BILL
06-18-2007, 07:24 AM
CONGRATS.......nice car you have......my neigbor has the same...
dont forget to clay........:)